New Cab Inn City Copenhagen

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 1st, 2004, 09:28 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

A new Cab Inn appears to be opening near Tivoli (on Mitchellsgade, near Bernstorfsgade)this spring. Looking for opinions as to whether this new location would be better suited than the existing Cab Inn hotels for a family with a 6-year-old? Other than small rooms, anything negative about Cab Inns? Thanks.
Old Apr 1st, 2004, 09:34 PM

I read that you have to make up your own beds. I think this new location is a little better than the others (which are fine also, but a little out of the center).
Old Apr 17th, 2004, 07:11 PM

Sounds like a good location, though I would guess it will be more expensive than the other two Cab-Inns, which are not all that poorly located. Both are about a 5-minute bus ride or a ten-minute walk from city center, as I recall. Some of my kids' fondest memories of Copenhagen involove the Cab-Inn. They really liked our little room, with the trundle bed, bunk bed, and loft bed. It took us a little while to figure out that to turn on the shower, you have to turn on the sink first, and that just cracked them up. The rooms were clean and the staff was polite. Decent breakfast. Good value for the price, and hotels in Copenhagen ain't cheap.
Old Jul 26th, 2007, 02:34 PM

This particular Cab Inn has caught my interest and I am wondering if it is a possibility for a quick, 2-day stay in late September. Two questions remain:

1. Can anybody comment on how small the rooms are? (There are two of us.)

2. Is the breakfast worth what they are asking (DKK 50 per person) or are there other breakfast options very close by?

Thanks in advance for any information you can provide.
Old Aug 23rd, 2007, 08:02 AM

Hi Orlando-Vic, just saw your message and don't know if it is too late or not, but just incase:

The Cab Inn rooms are very small, but clean and the hotel is inexpensive and very central. My mom and sister stayed here when they came to visit me and their double room had a set of bunk beds, a table, and a tv and that was about it. There was another bed you could pull out from under the bottom bunk to make the room sleep 3, but when that bed was pulled out there was virtually no room to walk in the room. Also the bathroom was very small with no seperate shower - just a drain in the floor. But this is the way a lot of showers are in Denmark so not that unusual. If you are looking for a budget hotel this is probably you're best bet.

As for breakfast, I quite enjoyed it - a large selection of meats, cheese, fruit, muesli and other cereal. All cold, no hot (aside from toast) that I can recall. I thought that breakfast was included but perhaps I am mistaken. I'm trying to think of if there are any cheaper restaurants nearby and can't think of any. All the restaurants right by Tivoli (where this hotel is) are pretty expensive. If you venture onto Stroget (long pedestrian shopping street) you might find something.

I hope this helps
Old Aug 23rd, 2007, 01:26 PM

Erin464
Many thanks for your helpful information. You pretty much confirmed what I already suspected - that it is tiny. Hmmm.
Old Aug 24th, 2007, 04:00 AM

Don't get me wrong, if you don't have the extra bed pulled out then there is a decent amount of space. In the room that my family stayed in the bunks were against the wall and the tv/table were in the opposite corner. That left a space of about 2 metres by 2 metres to walk around in. I don't know if all rooms are the same though. But if it helps at all, this is the hotel I recommend to everyone I know going to Denmark because it is inexpensive and in a fantastic location!

Are you considering any other hotels? Let me know if you need more information on Copenhagen...