NEED VENICE INFORMATION!!!

Oct 16th, 1997, 10:16 AM
PACO

NEED VENICE INFORMATION!!!

Tell me all you think would be useful for a three days visit.(transportation,eating,cafe,museums,etc)

Oct 16th, 1997, 11:26 AM
Tricia

Do we have to do all the work for you? Research it in Fodors iteniary program for Venice and then try www.ricksteves.com and then go into Excite Search Engine and type in travel in Venice and city net online tours cities around the world. Offers details on travel, entertainment, local business etc.

Oct 17th, 1997, 06:34 PM
lynn fellhauer

Venice is very unique. We were visiting in April and loved it. You can walk everywhere to see the old cathedrals and museums. Everything is centrally located around St. Marks Square. We stayed at the Danielli Hotel. Gorgeous, expensive and worth it. I highly recommend taking a water taxi to Murano and Burano to see the glass blowing. The colorful buildings in Burano, outdoor cafes, and stores are wonderful. Don't forget to bring your camera.

Oct 20th, 1997, 01:11 PM
Joe Lomax

Tricia is right. These are very good resources for you to read. I might also suggest "Venice for Pleasure" by H.G Links (5th ed. Wakefield, R.I.: Moyer Bell, 1995). The most important skill in being in Venice is the ability to not worry that you are lost. You will get lost, but so what, you are on an island in the safest city in a safe country, so enjoy where you are. If you can get in an evening walk or two and an early morning walk before the day-trippers arrive, you will never forget it.

Oct 21st, 1997, 10:16 PM
michelle

We were in Venice in April as well and enjoyed the city, but the tourists (of which I was one, I know) were overwhelming. Early in the morning and at dusk really is the best time to sightsee if lots of people make you feel a bit claustrophobic. Otherwise, the architecture and history of Venice is incomparable. We stayed at the Hotel all'Angelo near San Marco Square at a rate of 80,000 lire for a double w/o bath & with breakfast. The accomodations were average (it's hard to get a deal in Venice, prices are very inflated), and we unfortunately didn't come upon any restaurants of note. Perhaps staying in a nearby town like Padua might be an idea?