Reload this Page >

Need Venice Hotel

Search

Need Venice Hotel

Search this Thread

Old Apr 4th, 1999, 02:52 PM
Mary Piazza

Need Venice Hotel

<BR>I will be in Venice in early June and want a nice 3-star hotel. Stayed at the Pensione Accademia last May and the place was completely torn up! We couldn't get into any of the public rooms and had to get to our room via the back stairs. What a major disappointment! Has anyone out there been there lately? Is the renovation completed yet? Have read good things about the Kette. Anyone stayed there? Would also welcome any other suggestions.

Old Apr 5th, 1999, 04:39 AM
Boots

I have stayed at the Kette on three occasions and will stay again when I return to Venice. The location is great, just a few minutes from the Piazza San Marco. The staff is professional, not super friendly, but professional. The lobby and hallways are very nice. All rooms are not alike. Those with a seating area are nicest, and I prefer one that looks out onto the narrow street rather than onto the narrow alley and wall of the building across the alley. One won't have the garden space overlooking the canal that the Accademia has, but I like the location better. I think the prices are 360,000 lire for the summer season. <BR>

Old Apr 5th, 1999, 10:39 PM
beth

We stayed at the Bel Sito... 4 years ago but it was very nice then... rooms facing the square versus the canal might be quieter.....

Old Apr 5th, 1999, 10:41 PM
beth

Re my above message... the Bel Sito was also an excellent location... one vaparetto stop from San Marco I believe but also walkable

Old Apr 6th, 1999, 11:57 AM
J. Morton

Mary, <BR>Just returned from Venice where we stayed at the three-star Hotel Bonvecchiati, which I found through the website www.venere.it.com. The hotel is a five-minute walk from San Marcos or the Rialto, the rooms were small but nicely done, and the staff was very pleasant and helpful. And Venice was as charming as ever. <BR>

Old Apr 6th, 1999, 01:51 PM
J. Morton

Mary, <BR>I incorrectly stated the website &lt;www.venere.it/venezia&gt; (or whatever Italian city). I made several reservations through that site for a recent trip and was pleased with the speed and efficiency of making the reservations, and more importantly, the ultimate lo

Old Apr 7th, 1999, 06:25 AM
Laura

We are staying at Locanda Sturion in Venice next month. Although we have never personally stayed there, it came highly recommended. I must say they have been extremely pleasant and helpful with our plans for Venice. The only downfall I heard of was that there is no elevator. But everyone says the hotel is worth the walk up the flights of stairs. Their e mail is [email protected]. Good Luck! <BR>

Old Apr 7th, 1999, 09:53 AM
Monica Richards

I stayed at the Locanda Sturion while in Venice three years ago. Great location, and a great hotel. The breakfast room looks out onto the Grand Canal, if your room doesn't have that view, so you can enjoy it regardless. They're not kidding about the stairs, though! Three steep flights of slippery marble stairs--Yipe! It was worth it, anyhow.

Old Apr 7th, 1999, 11:32 AM
cheryl

We stayed at the Locanda Sturion a couple of years ago and really liked it. We wanted to stay there again this spring, but the rates had doubled, so we're trying someplace else. You should like Locanda Sturion.