Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Need Suggestions for Europe to US one way airfares.

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 12th, 2001, 08:01 AM
John

My wife and I have air tickets to Paris in October but no return tickets (Phoenix is home). <BR> <BR>Any suggestions on sources for inexpensive one way tickets from somewhere in Europe back to Phoenix / LA / Las Vegas etc. sometime in mid to late November? (Airlines, Least expensive European cities, sources etc) <BR> <BR>European city is unimportant as we will arrange trip to accommodate departure city.

Old Jun 12th, 2001, 09:48 AM
Ann

One-way tickets often are more expensive than round-trip. I've ended up buying round trip tickets and just using the one way. <BR> <BR>The only good alternative is to use frequent flyer miles. Some programs (not all) will let you buy one-way tickets.

Old Jun 12th, 2001, 05:33 PM
aaa

Buy a cheap roundtrip ticket from Paris to US and toss away the return portion---or else call a consolidator (your travel agent can do that for you) and book a one way--they have them cheap also!!

Old Jun 14th, 2001, 05:22 AM
anne

We have used a travel agent in Antwerp for departures from Brussels to the US, and have gotten outstanding one-way fares at the last minute. <BR>Email if you want more info.

Old Jun 14th, 2001, 11:13 AM
JP

I think the only solution is to take a transatlantic repositioning cruise such as the Norwegian Dream from Barcelona on November 20th (17 nights, $999). Then you only have to find a domestic flight.