Reload this Page >

Need recommendation for lodging in Innsbruck

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 1st, 2001, 07:22 AM
Flo

My husband and I will be spending 2 to 3 days in Innsbruck in mid-May, arriving by train from Frankfurt. We need recommendations for a small hotel or B&B in the $50 to $100 price range (preferably closer to the former!). Because we'll be traveling by rail, we need a place with easy access to the train station. Any suggestions you can offer will be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Old Jan 1st, 2001, 03:46 PM
Ellen

I stayed at a place called Pension Paula which is within walking distance of the old town. You would need a taxi from the station to get you there. Very rustic place, but clean and cozy, and in your price range. The cheaper accomodations are with shared bath. Yu can e-mail me directly if this type of place sounds appealing and I can try to dig up the contact info. I know she is very popular and books up easily. <BR>Ellen

Old Jan 1st, 2001, 07:21 PM
Rex

Not IN Innsbruck - - but in nearby Hall in tirol: <BR> <BR>Hotel Heiligkreuz, Reimmichlstraße 18 - - 6060 Hall in Tirol bei Innsbruck <BR>Tel: +43 / 5223 / 57114 <BR>Fax: +43 / 5223 / 571145 <BR> www.heiligkreuz.at <BR>email: [email protected] <BR>

Old Jan 2nd, 2001, 05:39 AM
Georgine

I have also stayed, on one of our trips to Innsbruck, at the Pension Paula. However, I would not consider it to be convenient to the train station. <BR> <BR> Look in one of your guide books that has a street map of Innsbruck.(If you have not already secured a city street map from the Austrian National Tourist Office). Pension Paula sits on the north side of the Inn River, half=way up the Hungerburg Mountain, <BR> <BR>It was reasonably priced, and a good bet if you have a car. Without wheels of your own, you would find the walk to the old town to be about 20 minutes (going down), and somewhat longer coming back because a section of it is uphill. <BR> <BR> The views at night from the pension are lovely looking down over Innsbruck with its twinkling lights. The rooms are very modest --ours had a private bathroom, but no door -- only a shower curtain separating the sleeping area from the toilet and shower. Furniture was pretty much "early attic" --but serviceable. The breakfast was a bit spartan for what is considered typical in Austria. <BR> <BR>Taxis are very reasonably priced in Innsbruck --you would definitely need one coming and going to the train station with your luggage; or, you can take public transportation part of the way and then switch to a taxi once you cross the Inn River for the uphill portion that is not serviced by bus or tram. <BR>

Old Jan 2nd, 2001, 06:18 AM
Linda

Check nethotels.com for hotels/pensions/B&Bs in Austria and other adjoining countries.