Reload this Page >

Need lunch suggestions near Colosseum

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 8th, 2000, 10:57 AM
lisa peretz

I'm taking a tour that starts at the Colosseum metro stop at 1:00 and would like to eat close by before. Can you tell me what's great. Thanks. So far, the only place I'v been told is Hosteria Nerone.

Old May 8th, 2000, 05:38 PM
richard j vicek

Good evening, again, Liza <BR>The HOTEL FORUM, via Tor de Conte, 25, <BR>has a wonderful roof top garden ristorante which over looks the Roman <BR>Forum and the Capitolina. It is located <BR>about two blocks north, up the Fori Imperiali to the right...It has been many years but has not been forgotten. <BR>Richard of La Grange Park, Il... <BR>

Old May 8th, 2000, 07:08 PM
Joanna

Across the road from the Colosseum there's a vine-covered restaurant that's quite good. They're used to serving people in a hurry and there's a wide choice of menu.

Old May 9th, 2000, 06:28 AM
lisa peretz

Thanks you guys!!

Old May 9th, 2000, 09:23 AM
Paulo

I have no idea if your tour includes the San Pietro in Vincoli church. IMO, seeing Michelangelo's Moses there is a must. In case it isn't included, you may plan to visit the church just before noon (it should close at 12:30pm). Upon exiting the church, descending towards the Colosseum, my personal choice would indeed be the Nerone. Very good food and if the weather is fine you may sit outside with a view of the Colosseum. <BR> <BR>In case you're pressed for time, you won't have much choice. I guess you'd be served quickly at Pizza Forum, on Via San Giovanni in Laterano, just off the Piazza del Colosseo to the east. <BR> <BR>Paulo <BR> <BR>

Old May 9th, 2000, 06:31 PM
graziella

Hi LIsa, only a few weeks ago we had a great lunch at Al Cardello, Via del Cardello 1, a few yards from Via Cavour <BR>( please be aware that streets have different names on both sides of Via Cavour) Phone: 06 474 5239.This a family run restaurant that has thrived since 1920s.Setting has ambiance in an old building. <BR>Food is delicious , they offer a very good antipasti buffet,.... the key to a great meal, we found was to say : YES to all the proposals of the Signora (owner)...it was a very nice experience and we had dinner/lunch in much more expensive restaurants. Hope you ll love as much as we did.