Reload this Page >

Need Hotel Suggestions in Siena

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 25th, 1998, 07:49 PM
Carolyn

I am spending three days in Siena in the middle of October. I am looking for a charming place to stay. The price range per night is open. I would like to get recommendations for both expensive and <BR>inexpensive places. <BR>

Old Aug 26th, 1998, 08:22 AM
BOB THE NAVIGATOR

If you want some luxury try the Park Hotel----about $250. A cute place that <BR>I like is the Santa Caterina---nice location and about $140. If you are driving, there are several places within <BR>:30 around Siena in the country. <BR>Both of the above have web sites.

Old Aug 27th, 1998, 01:05 PM
kam

Siena is not easy for hotels, but if price is not a consideration given you'll receive wonderful value, try to book the Certosa di Maggiano--fax 011-39-577-288189. It's a 14th century abbey with beautiful gardens and a pool. Great food, but I think it only has about 12 rooms so act quickly. This is expensive!! I don't particularly like the Park for the price. A much less expensive hotel is the Garden--quietly located with nice grounds and I agree also with Santa Caterina. <BR>

Old Aug 30th, 1998, 11:19 PM
Joanna

I stayed at a pension called Casa Colibri in a street that radiates off the Campo. It was reasonably priced and located on one level of a palazzo. Very friendly older couple who were running it. Pls note it has no lift. I don't have contact nos. handy but CIT should be able to assist, as I booked it through them.

Old Sep 1st, 1998, 05:21 PM
Lorri

Hi Carolyn, you're not going to believe this but we just got back and when in SIena we stayed at the Best Western. Yup, it was great! It is not right downtown but there is a bus stop right in front so it is easy to get around. <BR>Have fun! <BR>

Old Sep 7th, 1998, 10:54 AM
Lisa

HI <BR>We spent two weeks in Italy this July and loved it. We spent a day and night in Siena and we stayed at the Duomo (tel 0577/289 088). It was a really nice clean hotel right in the middle of the town. There were signs leading right to the hotel, where we could drop off our bags. The hotel has an arrangement with a parking gargage so we parked our car there for the night free of charge. I would really recommend the hotel, it was about $100 a night. Make sure you have a good map of the town as trying to find the parking gargage is not easy, especially when the clerk at the hotel gives directions like ( and I am not making this part up). "Okay you go down this street and you can either turn left or right, right says 'all directions' and left says 'no admittance', take the left!" :- ) <BR>Lisa <BR>