Reload this Page >

Need help with evening itinerary in Rome

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 8th, 2000, 12:04 PM
lisa peretz

My husband & I plan to eat somewhere in the Jewish ghetto/Campo di Fiori area one night and then take Rick Steves' suggested evening stroll back to our hotel near the Spanish Steps. Can anyone tell me how long a long walk it is to the Campo di Fiori from Vecchia Roma (Piazza Campitelli)? <BR> <BR>We wanted to use it (campo di Fiori) as a starting place on our stroll back to the Spanish Steps via the Piazza Navona, Piazza Capranica, Piazzo Colona, and the Trevi Fountain. So we already have a walk ahead of us. <BR> <BR>Should we be eating closer to the Campo di Fiori like in Piazza Farnese? <BR> <BR>Also, where is Camponeschi? Someome here had mentioned it to me but I can't find the info (address/atmoshpere/food)? <BR> <BR>Thank you.

Old May 8th, 2000, 01:44 PM
Paulo

From the restaurant to Piazza de' Fiori it's about 750 meters (a 10-min stroll?) <BR>Paulo <BR> <BR>

Old May 8th, 2000, 05:30 PM
richard j vicek

Good evening, Liza <BR>As Paulo states from the Pza Campitelli to the Campo di fiori is about a half <BR>mile or 10 mins. walk . <BR>From the Campo di Fiori to the Pza Navona, 5 mins.. <BR>From the Pza Navona via Rotunda to <BR>the Pza Capranica another 5 mins. <BR>From the Rotunda to the Pza Colonna <BR>about 10 mins. <BR>From the Pza Colonna to the Trevi about <BR>5 mins. and the Spanish Steps, bottom <BR>about 10 more mins beyoud the Trevi. <BR>Would not change easing places and <BR>sorry can not help you with Camponeschi. <BR>Richard of La Grange Park, Il..

Old May 8th, 2000, 06:58 PM
Brad

La Carbonara restaurant in the Piazza di Fiori is outstanding!

Old May 9th, 2000, 01:56 PM
Phil

Dear Lisa: <BR> <BR>Camponeschi is situated at 50, piazza Farnese (the square next to campo dei fiori on the southwest), its phone is 06 687 4927. <BR> <BR>It is closed for lunch and on Sundays. Taking the meal al fresco with a view of the Palazzo Farnese is recommended. The full à la carte meal will set you back 95,000 to 155,000 lire (a 13% service charge will be added). <BR> <BR>All this information comes from the guide Michelin (Italy), I have not eaten there, but in my experience "Michelin" is quite reliable. <BR> <BR>Enjoy your trip <BR> <BR>Phil.