Need Help with Europe Vacation

Sep 15th, 2005, 12:44 PM
Original Poster

Need Help with Europe Vacation

Hello-Labor Day of 2006 my husband and I are planning on attending a wedding in London. After London, we would like to fly somewhere else (within Europe or northern Africa)for some R&R. Any suggestions? We would like to go somewhere that we could fly direct to and get there easily. Ideally looking for some beach/something "exotic", but also not all night disco rave party either. Thanks for the help!!!!!
Sep 15th, 2005, 12:49 PM

You might get more targeted responses if you were more specific about what interests YOU and HUSBAND, unless you're interested in reading someone's recommendation of a Serbian mud spa.
Sep 15th, 2005, 01:10 PM
Original Poster

While not adverse to a Serbian mudspa, we like the balance of beach with "other" activities. Went to Corsica in May and that was our ideal---beach time...but also hiking, village shopping, cute restaurants, boat tours. So basically, somewhere that has a beach but isn't totally remote. Initial Random Ideas that sound interesting: Amalfi coast, Balearics (minus Ibiza), Morocco. Key is that it can't be a long flight from London. Thanks again.
Sep 15th, 2005, 01:15 PM

Biarritz France
Sep 15th, 2005, 01:16 PM

Just spent the most fabulous week in Positano, and think it would suit you perfectly. I will post a trip report as soon as I get over the jet lag and caught up at work. Fabulous weather, great daytrips, and the most beautiful scenery imaginable. Felt truly relaxed for the first time in years. Be sure to fly into Naples, not Rome, as the trek from Rome to the coast is not all that fun.
Sep 15th, 2005, 09:12 PM

How about the coast in Turkey? The Med in Antalya has all sorts of resorts and a terrific harbor and old town. On the Aagean coast there is Bodrum and the great thing about Turkey is besides the sun and water, the ruins are amazing, its cheap, the shopping is great, its cheap, the food is delicious and on top of everything, its all very exotic!
Sep 16th, 2005, 06:43 AM

Malta !
Sep 16th, 2005, 07:09 AM

Naxos!