Reload this Page >

Need help w\ Wales logistics

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 22nd, 2001, 03:17 AM
MarkJ

My wife and I hope to attend the Hay-On-Wey book festival in May 2002, however it is <BR>impossible to stay in the city during this time (all accommodations are booked years in <BR>advance). I have an opportunity to stay in a small town called Ross-On-Way, which on a <BR>map looks to be about an hour from Hefordshire (where we would take train or bus into Hay-On-Wey it being such a small town I don't want to even think about trying to drive in and find parking). Is my guess on the distance from Ross-On-Wey to Herfordshire correct? Any help or assistance will be greatly appreciated. <BR> <BR>Thanks

Old Mar 22nd, 2001, 05:33 AM
ron

If the question is, how long does it take to drive from Ross-on-Wye to Hereford, the answer is well less than a hour, maybe 30 to 45 minutes. (By the way, Herefordshire is the county, Hereford is the county town) If your plan is to drive from Ross to Hereford, then bus to Hay, I would suggest instead just drive to Hay - it has a huge car park on the edge of the village.

Old Mar 22nd, 2001, 05:35 AM
Kimerley

Mark, we travelled from Chester (GB)following the coast to Caernarfon following the coast to Portmerion and inland back to Chester in a day! We actually took in sightseeing and eating! Try the TIC on 820144 and they attempt to get you accommodation. <BR>The nearest railway station is at Hereford, six buses to and from Hay-on-Wey, one hour trip. It is 21 miles to Hereford. <BR>I may have got my Hereford mixed up with Herefordshire.. but hope this helps.

Old Mar 22nd, 2001, 05:36 AM
Kimerley

meant to say 6 buses a day!

Old Mar 22nd, 2001, 06:30 AM
Carl

Hello Mark <BR> <BR>Until recently I lived in Hereford. The journey from Ross to Hay will probably take in excess of an hour, as you have to pass through Hereford, and the road is slow, but pretty. <BR> <BR>For convenience, you would be better off staying in Hereford, which is a charming historic city with one of England's oldest cathedrals. You could also stay in one of the surrounding villages. <BR> <BR>Let me know if you need further info. <BR> <BR>Carl