I am trying to work out an itinerary, and by the look of Italian rail connections, I think I am doing a bit of zig zagging/backward trekking with my current plan. Please let me know what you think:
Starting out Rome > then train to Cinque Terre (via La Spezia, approx 4.5 hrs)
> then train from Cinque Terre to Venice (Via Milan, approx 6 hours, only 30 mins faster via Bologna)
> then train from Venice to Lucerne (via Milan - this leg is a killer, very long. However there are no flights from Venice to Lucerne)
Any suggestions to reduce the travel time? Also happy to be flexible with potential stop overs.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Amalfi as a home base for the Amalfi Coast
- 2 Is a quick stopover in Bern worth it with 3 kids?
- 3 Help me get excited about a week in Portugal
- 4 1st Birthday Party in Italy questions
- 5 Italy: Hotels on the Amalfi Coast; Orvieto; Perugia; Florence; and Siena
- 6 Barcelona to Malaga
- 7 Planning a Trip from DC to Anywhere in Europe (Budget Friendly)
- 8 Lisbon stay - Olissippo Lapa Palace vs NH Collection Lisboa Liberdade
- 9 Christmas week in Ireland
- 10 Christmas windows of Boulevard Haussmann 2017
- 11 Looking for Paris Rental Apt.
- 12 Salerno as a base to visit Amalfi Coast
- 13 Four Nights in Nice--What should we do?
- 14 August - Croatia, Italy, Malta
- 15 Has Berlin Banned Vacation Rentals?
- 16 Spain.... 2.5 Weeks... Need Help!
- 17 Traveling by car Munich to Soelden Austria
- 18 "Occupied" TV series: On location in Oslo
- 19 Rome - Naples - Paestum - Salerno - Ravello Trip Report
- 20 Connecting trains in Chambery
- 21 Recommendations Budget hotel Paris
- 22 Moscow Hotels
- 23 Headed to Madrid in the Spring
- 24 Packing Champagne
- 25 Manchester hotels