Need Help! Paris 5⭐️ Hotel?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 23rd, 2020, 09:06 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello! I’m a cancer patient traveling with my daughter for a memory-making dream trip to Paris. She doesn’t mind where we stay, but I would like 2 nights in a 5 star hotel. We would require NON-smoking, a pool, and twin or double beds. (I do not want her to end up on a sofa bed.) We could afford the lower end rooms at these properties.

Any advice on LE MEURICE, GEORGE V, La RESERVE, or RITZ? I would like gracious helpful service, not stuffy or haughty. Please advise if there are strong fragrances in lobby or smoking smell from cigar rooms. Thank you in advance!

Old Feb 23rd, 2020, 10:16 PM

Hi Marisa, I haven't stayed in these hotels, but did stay at the newly renovated Lutetia last year.
It's fabulous, and in a great location. They have a spa with small pool.
All hotels will be non-smoking; but specify that you need the room non-smoking too. Not sure what the rules are on smoking inside a room.
Old Feb 23rd, 2020, 10:21 PM

Ritz and Le Meurice have great service. Service in such places is never stuffy or haughty, always discretely attentive and personable if you need it to be, within limits.

Never been in George V or La Reserve, but have stayed in Le Meurice and the Ritz (for work though): you won't be sorry for booking either of the two..

One thing to check, is whether the location is convenient for you. What is your budget, because there are other choices. Stars don't mean that much. I know 3 star hotels that punch well above their weight in terms of rooms and impeccable service. You'd also be able to afford a suite at a good 4 star, for the price of a lower end room at the hotels you mentioned.

For instance, for the same price as a low end room at the Ritz, you can have 2 adjacent rooms at:

http://www.booking.com/Share-Ff6wDu
Old Feb 24th, 2020, 03:16 PM
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Tulips
Hi Marisa, I haven't stayed in these hotels, but did stay at the newly renovated Lutetia last year.
It's fabulous, and in a great location. They have a spa with small pool.
All hotels will be non-smoking; but specify that you need the room non-smoking too. Not sure what the rules are on smoking inside a room.
Thank you, Tulips! I looked at that hotel but wasn’t sure if the neighborhood was ok or not. It’s a beautiful property! Thank you for letting me know the location is good.
Old Feb 24th, 2020, 03:31 PM
Original Poster

Never been in George V or La Reserve, but have stayed in Le Meurice and the Ritz (for work though): you won't be sorry for booking either of the two..

One thing to check, is whether the location is convenient for you. What is your budget, because there are other choices. Stars don't mean that much. I know 3 star hotels that punch well above their weight in terms of rooms and impeccable service. You'd also be able to afford a suite at a good 4 star, for the price of a lower end room at the hotels you mentioned.

For instance, for the same price as a low end room at the Ritz, you can have 2 adjacent rooms at:

http://www.booking.com/Share-Ff6wDu[/QUOTE]

Thank you! I realized we will be there Sunday-Monday when many things are closed. (We leave Tuesday.) We are going to L’Arpège on Monday, and the Ritz is nearest to that. I get exhausted easily, it’s important that the hotel is near our activities. We may do the D’Orsay Sunday and shop at the larger (open) stores on Monday.

I didn’t want to spend over about $3,000 for both nights. (Let’s be honest, I would rather spend way less!) We are using Bonvoy hotel points for our “main” Paris hotel, and this will be our special mom/daughter trip so I don’t mind splurging some for 2 nights. (I’m selling the jewelry she doesn’t want to inherit to partly finance our trip.) I did have a reservation at Le Narcisse Blanc but Ritz might be the winner. Le Meurice doesn’t have a pool, it turns out, and I need to swim to help control pain.

Any other tips are appreciated!
Old Feb 24th, 2020, 07:28 PM

The Ritz is very nice. Another hotel to consider is the Park Hyatt, they have a swimming pool. The service is outstanding! The rooms are nice size. The junior suite we stayed in had two toilets, two shower stalls and a separate tub. It had a small living room at the opposite side of the bedroom.

Old Feb 24th, 2020, 07:50 PM

Received 12 Likes on 1 Post
I've nothing to add to help in your hotel search but I just wanted to wish you a wonderful trip! Well deserved.
Old Feb 24th, 2020, 08:04 PM
Original Poster

Originally Posted by joannyc
I've nothing to add to help in your hotel search but I just wanted to wish you a wonderful trip! Well deserved.
Thank you so much! A sweet sentiment. Planning this trip has been so much fun! The blessings of cancer = recognizing that life is short, not to put things off, and to love & be a blessing to others.💕
Old Feb 25th, 2020, 09:37 AM
Original Poster

[QUOTE=cafegoddess;17069145]The Ritz is very nice. Another hotel to consider is the Park Hyatt..

Thank you! I’ll look right now. I really appreciate the help!
Old Feb 25th, 2020, 11:01 AM

Originally Posted by marisa2020

http://www.booking.com/Share-Ff6wDu
Thank you! I realized we will be there Sunday-Monday when many things are closed. (We leave Tuesday.) We are going to L’Arpège on Monday, and the Ritz is nearest to that. I get exhausted easily, it’s important that the hotel is near our activities. We may do the D’Orsay Sunday and shop at the larger (open) stores on Monday.

I didn’t want to spend over about $3,000 for both nights. (Let’s be honest, I would rather spend way less!) We are using Bonvoy hotel points for our “main” Paris hotel, and this will be our special mom/daughter trip so I don’t mind splurging some for 2 nights. (I’m selling the jewelry she doesn’t want to inherit to partly finance our trip.) I did have a reservation at Le Narcisse Blanc but Ritz might be the winner. Le Meurice doesn’t have a pool, it turns out, and I need to swim to help control pain.

Any other tips are appreciated![/QUOTE]

You'll love the Ritz.
Old Feb 25th, 2020, 11:02 AM

Originally Posted by marisa2020
Thank you so much! A sweet sentiment. Planning this trip has been so much fun! The blessings of cancer = recognizing that life is short, not to put things off, and to love & be a blessing to others.💕
Aye.

Have a great trip, Ritz or no
Old Feb 25th, 2020, 12:07 PM

Originally Posted by joannyc
+one
Have am amazing trip!