Reload this Page >

Need help on Itinery

Search

Need help on Itinery

Search this Thread

Old Mar 6th, 2002, 03:36 AM
Angelia

Need help on Itinery

I have only 8 days to spend...don't know where to go yet, since I have never been to Italy or Ireland...one of the two places is where I wish to go. Any ideals?

Old Mar 6th, 2002, 04:58 AM
Wayne

Angelia---<BR>Your question is very broad, and no one can give you a very meaningful answer until you can specify a bit of what your interests are. For a very first trip, we could suggest Ireland because you wouldn't have to cope with a language barrier; but on the other hand, maybe you know some other languages and would be comfortable in one or more European countries. It turns out that you don't need to know the local language to get along, but a little knowledge helps. I suggest you go out to the library or local book store and read a lot about the places you might like to visit. Ireland and Italy both have a lot of charm, but they are very different. Certainly after reading, you will be able to decide on one or the other. You should also be able to specify some of your interests---history, scenery, art, architecture, small villages or big cities, and so on. If you do that kind of homework and then come back to this board with more specific questions, you will get a lot of help. Good luck.

Old Mar 6th, 2002, 05:03 AM
Decision

Flip a coin!<BR><BR>Decision

Old Mar 6th, 2002, 05:06 AM
Vita

Angelica, Where will you be coming from? Consider also what time of year you will be going and what type of weather you prefer. Since Ireland and Italy have very different weather conditions, that might go a long way to making the decision for you. Also, as Wayne mentioned, what are your interests? Did you want to spend more time in the country or the city? Did you plan on driving or taking public transportation. I actually opted against going to Ireland this spring because I didn't think I could do the itinerary that I wanted to do on public transportation and I didn't want to drive.<BR><BR>I CAN tell you that I went to Italy in October and had a fabulous time.

Old Mar 6th, 2002, 05:16 PM
Angelia

thanks all....my plans are to visit Rome/Venice/Florance..I know, that I need to be conservative with my time, because 8 days will fly past me very quick. I love the country, as I'm a country gal at heart, but have a passion for music, poetry, and the arts. Is there any side trips that will add to this trip, or should I stay with two places? I've been to the libary, and am planning on taking a bit of Italian. Since I know some Spanish, I hope that I will be able to converse, or at least try to converse with those I meet. If not, at least they will have a good laugh on me! lol...anywho, I am one to always try, and not give up...appreciate any help...email me if possible with ideals..<BR>[email protected]<BR><BR>ty