Reload this Page >

Need Help On Airline Ticket

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 24th, 2002, 10:06 PM
charlie

I have searched everywhere for a reasonable roundtrip fare from Atlanta to Amsterdam end of April 2002. Best I can find is around $700. Anyone have a suggestion.<BR><BR>Thanks,<BR><BR>Charlie

Old Jan 25th, 2002, 03:46 AM
Gretchen

I just put in some dates at the end of April on Hotwire and came up with $436. You don't know who, how or when (time of day) you are flying until you purchase the ticket but if you can live with that you can save some money.

Old Jan 25th, 2002, 06:43 AM
xxx

Visit www.sidestep.com and install its searchware on your system. Then, no matter what site you use (even consolidators), Sidestep will run a comparison price search. A good site to use is www.orbitz.com.<BR><BR>I visited Orbitz [w/Sidestep running simultaneously] and did a search for dep 4/20 and ret 4/29 and came up with $618 per Sidestep as the cheapest on Delta.<BR><BR>But, if you don't mind flying "blind", as Gretchen suggests, then try the consolidator sites.

Old Jan 25th, 2002, 07:16 AM
AC

Charlie:<BR>I plugged your dates into Travelocity and got prices ranging from $ 351 on up Good Luck

Old Jan 25th, 2002, 07:36 AM
Rex

That $351 fare doesn't really have any dates ANY time in April. But travelocity does indeed have a fare of "599" (but the actual fare is $670.50 once fees and taxes are added). This fare DOES show availability, at least for the dates Apr 23-May 7, which is what I checked.<BR><BR>Short of using hotwire, I suspect this is a pretty good price, and you might want to proceed.<BR><BR>The one other possibility is to ask around and see if you know anyone who has a Northwest Airlines PD540 certificate they would be willing to give up (or are you a World Perks member yourself? maybe they will send you one). This current promotion is good through the end of May and has fares in the sub-$450 range.<BR><BR>Best wishes,<BR><BR>Rex<BR>

Old Jan 28th, 2002, 08:57 PM
charlie

Thanks for the inputs. I checked hotwire today, and found a fare for $401. Thanks again.<BR>Charlie

Old Feb 5th, 2002, 10:16 AM
Rick

Contact NWA, give them reference code PD532, your rate should be $349.00 before taxes.

Old Feb 12th, 2002, 05:29 PM
Debbie

How do get the certificate to use that promo code?I am trying to buy a ticket that I can use One-Pass miles to upgrade to Business/First.What do I do?

Old Feb 15th, 2002, 06:19 PM
TopsyTurvy

C'mon folks help her out! to the top!

Old Feb 15th, 2002, 08:21 PM
Rex

I don't believe that you can use that promo code without a certificate number. I have a good deal on a different promotion (hoping my daughter and boyfriend can use it), good through May 31 - - and (I know this sounds stingy and gloating) but I consider it as (non)-share-able as a $1000 bill.<BR>