Need help in Planning Itinerary - First Trip To Europe

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 31st, 2005, 09:12 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Will be travelling from Singapore to London in early March. Intend to stay in London for 4 days, then move on to Brussels for 2 days, then to Italy for 4 days (hope to visit Rome and Venice) and our last stop would be at Paris for 3 days. As this is my first trip to Europe, (my husband's last visit to these places was more than 10 yrs ago!!), we would be really greatful for some advise on how to plan our itinerary. Thanks!!
Old Jan 31st, 2005, 09:56 PM

Rrjan -

I am sure you are feeling that urge to see it all, but you're really planning on too much. I'd leave out Brussels and give the extra days to Italy and Paris. Brussels is a nice city, but not in the same league as the others, and especially for a first visit to Europe, with limited time to spend, you are better off elsewhere.

-Kevin
Old Jan 31st, 2005, 09:58 PM

That is a lot of traveling in a very short time. If possible, I would eliminate one or two stops and spend more time in say London and Paris.

If you want to do all 4 from London take the Eurostar to Paris and Brussels. I would use a budget airline such as Ryan Air to Rome. Websites you can look at ryanair.com. Also whichbudget.com is a good source of infor for budget flights in Europe.

Again, I would just do 2 or maybe 3. Save some for the next trip. You have to factor travel time in and that is going to reduce sightseeing time. Whatever you decide on enjoy your trip.
Old Feb 1st, 2005, 05:01 AM

I think I would try to do an open jaw flight into London, spend 4 days there, go to Paris for 4 days and then to Italy (either Venice or Rome) for 4 days flying home from Italy. Brussels is not a place I would take time from London and Paris to see. As it is, you will only skim the surface at each stop.
Old Feb 1st, 2005, 05:08 AM

You may have a personal reason for going to Brussels, but the one thing we all agree on so far is that you have too many cities and not enough days.
Allocating 2 days each for Rome AND Venice, when you've spent another two days in Brussels, doesn't take into account what the various cities demand and have to offer. You also haven't allowed for travel time unless you are taking night flights or trains. Strongly suggest you drop at least one, and preferably two cities. Perhaps save Italy for another time, if Brussels is a must for some reason.