Reload this Page >

Need Help - How can I get a tee time for the Old Course at St. Andrews Scotland

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 22nd, 1999, 06:42 PM
MarkJ

Hi <BR> <BR>My wife and i and a friend are planning a trip to Scotland for next June. My wife and friend would like me to play the Old Course at St. Andrews. I checked their web site but no tee times posted for next year. Can anyone give me advise on if and how to make a tee time a year in advance? <BR> <BR>Thanks <BR>MJ

Old Jun 22nd, 1999, 10:19 PM
Sheila

<BR>I'll phone today and check for you. <BR> <BR>Post later

Old Jun 23rd, 1999, 05:34 AM
Sheila

<BR>OK You write to St Andrews LMC <BR>

Old Jun 23rd, 1999, 05:42 AM
Sheila

<BR>Something funny happened. You may have half a essage before this. <BR> <BR>You write to <BR>St Andrews LMC <BR>Reservations <BR>St Andrews <BR>KY16 9SF <BR> <BR>Give them the dates you can play <BR>They have a 2 course policy so you must play one of their other courses too. <BR>Give them your name, address and home course. Give them your handicap ( which for next year must be 24 or less) and when you come you must bring your handicap certificate. <BR> <BR>They are fully booked for July and September 2000

Old Jun 23rd, 1999, 06:25 AM
Anne

This may be a little more chancey -- when we went last April and my 18 year old son wanted to play the Old Course, we just showed up around 7 a.m. He had his certificate with him (which I don't recall that they actually looked at) and they sent him out with a twosome who would agree to take him. Players have the right to refuse -- the fist twosome 2 Scottish guys did refuse, the the next 2 - Americans - agreed to take him. This all took less than 1/2 an hour and it was the highlight of the trip for him! BTW -- there was no two course policy then.

Old Jun 23rd, 1999, 10:11 AM
Sheila

<BR>Both the 2 course policy and the reduction of handicap are new for _next_ year. <BR> <BR>But it might be all right on the night!