Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Need help finding rental property for 6 not too far from barcelona

Old Nov 13th, 2009, 12:42 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Starting to think seriously about a long-discussed family trip. Six people – Myself and wife, in mid-fifties and fit; 30 year old son and girlfriend; 23 year-old daughter and boyfriend. This is actually a belated college graduation present for daughter.
We’re looking at about 10 days in Spain, which is where my daughter has chosen to go. Most likely traveling in September 2010.
My wife and I have been to Madrid, Seville, Conil de la Frontera on the Costa de la Luz, and Granada, and loved Spain. For this trip, I’m thinking to split the time between city and country. Daughter wants to go to Barcelona, and so do we, so that works well for half of the trip.
Is there a nice area not too far from Barcelona for the other half, close enough to the beach to satisfy the young adults, but would also allow Mom and Dad to make some excursions into the country when we’re not in the mood to sit in the sand?
Can you recommend some good sources to help find a rental property for the six of us in such an area?
Thanks
Old Nov 13th, 2009, 10:50 PM

It would be better if you tie down the area a little better. "Not too far from Barcelona" is too ambiguous.

Would you prefer to stay on the Costa Brava, Daurada or Costa del Azahar (Tarragona)? Or would you like being a little further inland in Girona, closer to France? All of these areas are 'close' to Barcelona, buy are completely different from each other.

Most villa rentals require a minimum stay of 7 nights, some require 2 weeks, while other require a full 4-week stay during high season.
Old Nov 14th, 2009, 05:57 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Hi; Agree, you have to decide exactly where you want to stay. This is a web site where you can find shorter stays. Richard http://www.vbro.com/vacation-rentals...pain/catalunya
Old Nov 14th, 2009, 12:13 PM

My friends just rented through www.friendlyrentals.com in Barcelona and were very happy with the company, its responses, and the apartment itself.
Old Nov 14th, 2009, 01:02 PM

Received 22 Likes on 4 Posts
The Costa Brava would meet your requirements.
Old Nov 14th, 2009, 01:09 PM
Original Poster

Thanks for your relies so far. I am familiar with vrbo, and will check out friendly rentals.

I guess I also need to look more closely at a map to zero in on a particular area.