Need feedback on TMB itinerary

Old Apr 15th, 2019, 10:09 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Need feedback on TMB itinerary

Doing the TMB for the first time this August. We have only have 7 days available to hike, so need to skip some sections to make this doable. This is what I'm thinking so far, but having trouble with the back half. Would love to hear thoughts!

Day 1: Les Houches to Les Contamines

Day 2: Les Contamines to Refuge de Mottetts

Day 3: Mottetts to Courmeyer

Day 4: Courmeyer to Bonatti (originally I was thinking we would go from Courmeyer -- tre le champ, but a lot of blogs and guides are saying this is a favorite section, so wanting to keep this in here -- but getting stuck logistic-wise after this)

Day 5: (STRUGGLING HERE): Thinking maybe we hike Bonatti - La fouly, catch a bus to chamonix- bus to tre le champ -- not sure this will all be doable in a day?

Day 6 - Tre le champ - lac blanc

Day 7 - lac blanc - les houches

Old Apr 15th, 2019, 12:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The easiest bus legs would be:
St. Gervais - Les Contamines
Note Dame de Visaille - Courmayeur - Lavachey
Ferret - Orsieres - Champex

If you want to cut the Swiss leg, you may go by bus from Ferret (dp 10.10 and 17.10) to Orsieres - Martigny - Col de la Forclaz (ar 12.28 and 19.28).
You can also go by train from Martigny up to Montroc (that you call Trélechamp):
either Ferret dp 7.13 - Montroc ar 9.46 or Ferret dp 17.19 - Montroc ar 19.46; standard fare 40 EUR/pax.
But I wouldn't skip the Col de la Forclaz - Chalet des Glaciers - Col de Balme - Charamillon - Montroc leg.