Search

Need driver pick up in Athens

Search this Thread

Old Jun 27th, 2006, 04:46 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Need driver pick up in Athens

Hi all-

I need the name of a driver that can pick me up at the Athens Greece airport and take me to the port to pick up a hydofoil to Poros next week.

Thank!
Old Jun 27th, 2006, 05:11 PM

not to be rude but please do a little research before asking. I went to search this forum and ..typed in drivers in athens..
the second thread had this info..

Author: viv67
Date: 06/19/2006, 09:36 pm
We just came back from a cruise that went from Venice to Rome and stopped in Athens for a day. Based on reports from this webpage and others, we (a group of 4) hired a taxi driver/tour guide to drive us around. We had a GREAT experience with him and would highly recommend his services. We definitely saw much more than the people on the ship's tour and he was very flexible with adjusting the day's itinerary based on what we wanted to see and how long we wanted to stay at different places. His name is Jordan Daioglou and his webpage is www.athens-tours.gr He was very reasonably priced compared to the ship's tour offerings.
Old Jun 27th, 2006, 05:19 PM
Original Poster

travelaway-

Not to be rude either, but I was not looking for a travel guide, but PRIVATE pick up from the airport to take me to the PORT...I did not want any sighteeing...just did NOT want to take a taxi....

For all others out there..I DID do a search- and am NOT new to Fodors- But I sincerely would appreciate any help that you can give me...

Many thanks

Andy
Old Jun 27th, 2006, 05:35 PM

my bad, i transgress.
Old Jun 27th, 2006, 06:59 PM
wug

Hi Andy

I have never used him but, there have been great reviews on George the Famous Taxi Drive. I know you don't want a taxi so I'll suggest his son, who is not in the business and has a limo he drives. I believe either one would work for you. Here is a link from Matt Barrett's site...

http://www.greecetravel.com/taxi/

hope this is what you're looking for.
Old Jun 28th, 2006, 12:01 AM
Original Poster

Wug=

that is EXACTLY what I am looking for-
THANKS soooooooooooooo much!

Andy
Old Jun 28th, 2006, 06:33 AM
wug

Hi Andy

I'm glad I could help. I hope you have a GREAT trip... I'm sure you will. Greece is wonderful. We just returned about ten days ago and are dreaming of our next trip! Enjoy!
Old Jun 28th, 2006, 06:45 AM

just fyi, not trying to be smart..
that info was also in the group of threads that came up when i typed in drivers in athens.

wishing you a fun trip.

Old Jun 28th, 2006, 11:34 AM
Original Poster

to travelaway-

I have noticed that you have only posted 7 times on this board and not given any help to anyone whatsoever except telling them to use the search menu or get a guide book...

Are you a troll? as I have had over 1500 posts in 4 years...What is your problem that you feel you need to answer snidely with no aparent info given.....

Thanks to Wug- I did get an answer and he is wonerful..

Wug- thanks for your suggestions and help-- appreciate it!

Andy
Old Jun 28th, 2006, 11:39 AM

Hi andy,

Just in case you change your mind about the taxi, we found the metro system to be awesome for getting from the Airport to the city/port. It's inexpensive and reliable. There are signs inside the airport that lead you to the station (it is just a short walk away). Anyway, just tuck it away in the back of your mind for a good back-up plan should the taxi not work.

Old Jun 29th, 2006, 09:07 AM

We also found the metro to be super easy, and often quicker than driving (trafic is in international problem!). We took the bus from Athens to Pireus when we got there, going to Poros also. No problem...
By the way, we got lost trying to find the Poros boat. It's one of the last piers on the left, where the smaller boats are!