Reload this Page >

Need central location

Search

Need central location

Search this Thread

Old Aug 22nd, 2001, 06:33 PM
Sharon

Need central location

I need opinions on what city would be a good central location when we travel to France, Italy, Germany and possibly England. It is our first trip to Europe and I need advice. Thank you in advance.

Old Aug 22nd, 2001, 06:41 PM
Rex

I'll try to say this as politely as possible, Sharon. Your question will be perceived as making no sense, by those (of us) who have travel to Europe extensively. <BR> <BR>It is as if you have asked "what city would be a good central location when we travel to" Arkansas, Florida, Virginia, and possibly Missouri. <BR> <BR>If you plan to visit all three (four) of these countries, you will want to choose a minimum of separate destinations in each country (might be a city, might be a region). And four countries might be excessive, unless you plan to spend 15-20 days or more. <BR> <BR>Best wishes, <BR> <BR>Rex <BR>

Old Aug 23rd, 2001, 11:43 AM
Christina

Luxembourg? those countries are way too big to see all of a country from one city in each.

Old Aug 23rd, 2001, 12:40 PM
Rex

Christina, <BR> <BR>I didn't mean that you can choose a single city in each country and see the whole country from that one city. <BR> <BR>i meant that Sharon ought not try to see all of any one of these countrues. Choose one city as the "taste" of each country - - and see that and it surrounding region. <BR> <BR>Perhaps neither one of us understands what Sharon is asking. <BR>

Old Aug 23rd, 2001, 04:11 PM
xxxx

Sharon, Rex is right on the money. And Rex, I am shocked that you provided such a succint answer without once invoking the Fodorites Italy trip this fall! You didn't even do it on the second message! Are you feeling ok?

Old Aug 23rd, 2001, 06:28 PM
Rex

The trip is - - for all practical purposes - - filled up and closed (well technically not, we have 7, and the villa can sleep 11). <BR> <BR>I suppose I will be updating the webpage about our trip sometime soon (as soon as I find a hotel room for everyone in Florence!) <BR> <BR>Anyhow, my decision to no longer seek any more participants will probably bring curiosity seekers out of the woodwork in drives! Murphy's Law!! <BR> <BR>Best wishes, <BR> <BR>Rex <BR>www.rexbickers.italy.com <BR>