Reload this Page >

Need Ben Haines opinion on Rembrandt Hotel

Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 10th, 2001, 12:58 PM
scaltreto

Ben: Do you have any opinions or facts regarding the Rembrandt Hotel. Quoted a price of 99 pounds (141.77 USD) for 3 with full English breakfast in February. K+K George Hotel through British Airways is $213 USD in February. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Old Dec 10th, 2001, 09:16 PM
Ben Haines

I'm afraid that because I live here I do not use london hotels. The note I keep on hotels in Ebury Street and the Strand comes simply from views I've read on this forum. I can't even comment on prices, as the attacks of 11 September have cut these.<BR><BR>I wonder whether you'd like to post again, this time omitting my name. Fellow-Americans can readily help you.<BR><BR>Welcome to London.<BR><BR>Ben Haines

Old Dec 11th, 2001, 08:51 AM
Sue

My husband and I paid around 135 pounds in Nov., 2000 for an executive twin in Rembrandt, continental breakfast so I'd say your quote is a good one. Highly recommend the hotel; well-located, well-appointed,etc.

Old Dec 12th, 2001, 01:55 PM
pscaltreto

Is there anyone that can comment on the Rembrandt hotel; room, breakfasts, area, etc. Looked at previous postings from 1999 and 2000. Has anyone stayed there recently.

Old Dec 12th, 2001, 04:38 PM
overrovver

We stayed at the Rembrandt in June 01 and loved it. Make sure to get an upper floor because they seem to try and fill the lower rooms first, and the upper rooms are nicer. I think you will be pleasantly surprised with this hotel and the breakfast is good, too. It is a full buffet with 3 or 4 different tables that include hot food, cereal stuff, toasted stuff, fruit and cheese. It is a 5 minute walk to Harrods and approx 4 minutes to the tube. On the way to Harrods there are many wonderful cafes and restaurants and stores. Have a wonderful time!

Old Dec 13th, 2001, 06:55 AM
scaltreto

Thanks to everyone for their comments, it is really appreciated!!!