Reload this Page >

Need advise on travel from Barcelona to Monaco

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 16th, 2002, 04:45 PM
Donna

I will be in Spain for about 2 weeks. I would like to take 3 days to visit Monaco would like some advise. First of all, what would be the best form of travel? I would like to avoid airports, but don't have a lot of time to spend enroute. Is the train a good idea? I have also heard that there are buses.

Old Mar 18th, 2002, 09:01 AM
Larry

Donna, Its been several years since I did that trip but I would take the train to Nice and stay there. Nice is cheaper, more things too see, and is just a short ride to Monaco. Good luck.

Old Mar 18th, 2002, 09:12 AM
John

The train from Barcelona to Nice is a long ride, around 12-13 hours via Montpelier, add another 15 min. to Monaco. Menton, another 10 min. past Monaco, is a very pleasant, lower key, cheaper alternative, too.

Old Mar 18th, 2002, 09:14 AM
John

My addition is crummy, make that around 11 hours. Still kills a whole day, though.

Old Mar 18th, 2002, 10:44 AM
jahoulih

There's a night train from Port Bou/Cerbere (Spanish/French border towns) to Monaco; you could save some time that way (leave Barcelona 18:38, arrive Monaco 8:10).