NEED A SPECIAL RESTAURANT IN NICE

Mar 17th, 2002, 01:48 PM
FRED

NEED A SPECIAL RESTAURANT IN NICE

We will be celebrating my wife's birthday in Nice next month. I am seeking a really special restaurant for dinner. Any suggestions for a great restaurant in the Nice area would be appreciated. Thanks!

Mar 18th, 2002, 08:34 AM
wendy

I never miss the cahnce to dine with the two-star 'Chantecler', it is situated in the Hotel Negresco across from the beach on the Promenade d'anglais. Beautiful, elegant, not 'snooty' and GREAT food and wine. I haven't been since the prices were changed to Euros, but my latest receipt says we spent 430ff a person.

Bon appetit!
~Wendy~

Mar 18th, 2002, 01:24 PM
xxx

How many times are you going to post this same question? If you are going to take the time to ask a question, then take the time to scroll down through the posts to find the answers already given to you. Keep scrolling back until you find your original post.

Mar 19th, 2002, 01:35 PM
fred

TO xxx: I am glad you are keeping score. I repost now and then so new users of the forum that don't wish to scroll through hundreds of older messages get a chance to consider my question.

Mar 19th, 2002, 02:12 PM
Patrick

Just a polite suggestion here, Fred. There is a better way to do that. When YOU scroll down to find what answers you have received to your question the first time you asked it, then add a very brief message -- called "topping" which will bring not only your question to the top, but all the answers as well. That way people will not just keep giving you the same answers someone else gave before, or they will add additional information as well.
I answered your question recently, I believe, and wasn't sure either why it wasn't appearing here. Apparently it was another similar post, not this one. But I spoke too about the Chanticler, and I think someone else did as well. The answers would make more sense if they were all grouped together, so people were adding information, not just repeating it.

Mar 20th, 2002, 05:27 AM
fred

Topping: Thanks Patrick. I don't mean to clog the board with repetitive questions and responses. I'm not sure that putting the word "topping" helps. However, I found that the search engine is not reliable, so that when I do a search for key words in my message so that I can see if any more responses were received. it often does not include my message in the results. In any event, I won't ask again about a special restaurant in Nice. The answer is the Chanecler, and I thank all the responders. Sorry again for the duplication.

Mar 20th, 2002, 07:22 AM
Patrick

No problem, Fred. And in looking over the various threads on the subject I got a kick out of reading my own responses about the Chanticler. It seems that each time I wrote about it the recommendation gets stronger and stronger. Will be in Nice this summer for a couple of days and maybe will have to return for another great "splurge" meal.

Mar 20th, 2002, 07:35 AM
Ronda

Fred, I have had the same problem searching for posts, however, I found that I can search on my name and come up with the posts that I have made or responded to. Hope this helps you in your searching.

A restaurant I enjoyed in Nice is Les Viviers at 22 rue Alphonse Karr. This is a small restaurant where the locals go located right next door to a nicer restaurant. Excellent food, nice atmosphere. It is listed in the 2001 Rick Steves book. We ate at both the Les Viviers and the restaurant next door. Both had excellent food - probably the same kitchen. You would probably want to go to the nicer restaurant for a special occasion.