Search

Napoleon

Search this Thread

Old Feb 8th, 2000, 02:36 PM
Ellie

Napoleon

Any heads up re: this hotel? Located -Piazza Vittorio Emanuele II, 55 -- not quite sure what it is close to. Would we need a car to get around? Suggestions for restaurants?

Old Feb 8th, 2000, 04:54 PM
wes fowler

Ellie, <BR>The hotel is a four star family run hotel according to its website located opposite a subway station. Even if it were a mile from public transportation you wouldn't want a car in Rome unless you're a veteran of the Indy 500 or the Daytona 500. Another bit of advice: when posting your questions, be a little more informative about where you plan on going. Were it not for this hotel's address, you'd be hearing from a lot of Paris lovers who'd never heard of the place!

Old Feb 8th, 2000, 05:11 PM
Ed

You're quite near Stazioni Termini, the main rail station, not far from Piazza della Republica and Piazza Cinquecento. Not the most convenient, but certainly considered central. <BR> <BR>As to a car in Rome ... more than the driving issue, how are you going to fit it in your pocket when you want to go somewhere? It's either that, leave it to be towed off, or drive around constantly between your arrival flight and your departure. <BR> <BR>Seriously, Rome is not a place for cars for visitors. <BR> <BR>Rome.Switzerland.Bavaria <BR>www.twenj.com

Old Feb 9th, 2000, 02:31 PM
Ellie

Once I hit the "post" button - I realized a car was out of the question. Thanks for responding nonetheless. I certainly will visit the posted websites.

Old Feb 11th, 2000, 06:45 AM
Ellie

Their website: www.napoleon.it <BR> <BR>We will be staying there for a week starting next friday, I will let you know my thoughts when we get back!