Reload this Page >

Naples Travel Advisory

Search

Naples Travel Advisory

Search this Thread

Old Sep 17th, 2001, 11:42 AM
beekay

Naples Travel Advisory

A message was posted referring to a travel advisory to Naples, Italy. Does anyone have more specific information?

Old Sep 17th, 2001, 12:04 PM
sonia

See my post earlier today about Travel Intelligence. The iJet site mentions a NATO meeting in Naples Sept 25-27 (I think) where many demonstrators are expected, similar to the WTO meetings. Folks are advised to stay away.

Old Sep 17th, 2001, 12:51 PM
Nancy

Sonia, <BR> <BR>Thank you for providing this site. It states that the NATO meeting 9/24-9/27 has been relocated to a military academy outside of the city, but they still expect significant numbers of demonstrators before and during the meeting. <BR> <BR>I believe Elaine was the originator for the other post, so this sight should be beneficial to her as well.

Old Sep 17th, 2001, 01:04 PM
elaine

Yes, thanks <BR>what I'm trying to figure out is if this means I shouldn't try to change trains in Naples to go to Pompeii, let alone actually <BR>visit the National Museum in Naples.

Old Sep 17th, 2001, 01:29 PM
Nancy

Elaine, <BR> <BR>That is what I am trying to figure out as well. It mentioned that some museums may be closed, so I would guess one would be the Archeological Museum. <BR> <BR>We are arriving a couple of days after the meeting, just to catch the Circumvesuviano, but I am concerned about the train station area and whether I should look into a drive from Rome to Sorrento.

Old Sep 17th, 2001, 01:30 PM
Nancy

That should be a "driver". Does anyone know of such a service, driver from Rome to Sorrento?