Search

naples region

Search this Thread

Old Sep 18th, 2000, 05:02 AM
michel dransart

naples region

did anybody have recent unpleasant experiences in naples, mainly safetywise. <BR>do you have any tip on what to avoid. <BR>thank you for your help. <BR>michel dransart

Old Sep 18th, 2000, 06:09 AM
susan

I just returned from Naples. I had been once before, about ten years ago, and it seemed to have improved safetywise. The area around the train station seemed less seedy to me. <BR> <BR>I think pickpocketing is the only reason danger, and you can avoid that easily by taking appropriate precautions.

Old Sep 18th, 2000, 04:01 PM
John

Driving along the coast, approaching Naples from the South, was not something I would like to repeat. The drivers in that area are totally crazy and your life is at risk on the rads there.

Old Sep 19th, 2000, 09:40 AM
hamlet

Just back from there - I didn't have any problems in the city of Naples but I was advised by Napolitanos that it is still incredibly dangerous and to be on the lookout at all times. Avoid driving in the city. It is really bad, chaotic and unsafe, the absolute worst I have seen in Italy.

Old Sep 19th, 2000, 06:25 PM
gb

I was in Naples this summer, and was given a tour by a local family. When we entered Naples, they told my family to put our purses under the seat, and lock the doors as we drove through the city. We did not have any difficulty, with the exception of the being challenged by the driving style of Naples. Our tour took us to some beautiful sites and overlooks especially of Vesuvius. It seemed that the area to be most cautious in, is the area of "center city" and tourist sites. Our friends said in Naples, you should always park in a "guarded" parking lot.