Reload this Page >

Naples hotel help

Search

Naples hotel help

Search this Thread

Old May 3rd, 2001, 05:27 PM
steve

Naples hotel help

We're trying to find a pleasant well-located hotel in Naples. Our price range is around 150-200USD. So far the Miramare and Paradiso fall in our price range. Parker's and Santa Lucia are bit higher than we'd prefer. Does anyone have any experience w/Miramare or Paradiso(I'm a little concerned about the location here). Or does anyone have any other ideas. Thanks!!!

Old May 4th, 2001, 09:16 AM
Nedda

I am going to Naples too. I was a bit worried about staying in a good area. I am staying at Parteno. It is a b&b that is on the bay next to the other exclusive hotels. The people we have spoken to there are extremly friendly and helpful. We are paying $130 a night. Our rooms come with a bath and balcony, with view of capri. The place has air conditioning, tv, and internet. <BR>Let me know if your interested in them, and I will find the information for you.

Old May 5th, 2001, 12:25 PM
Dona

Steve, <BR> <BR>I stayed at the Miramare a few years ago and liked it very much. It's on the Bay of Naples and has a wonderful rooftop area for breakfast. Don't worry about the location - it's fine - and in fact, Naples is a wonderful city. <BR> <BR>I was back again in October - and this time I stayed at the Santa Lucia. I prefered it because I was traveling with a woman friend and the Santa Lucia is just a little more in the center of things. (but just a little...) But both a really nice hotels so I wouldn't hesitate. <BR> <BR>Dona

Old May 6th, 2001, 06:57 AM
steve

Thank you both for your responses. I found the site for the Parteno B&B and it looks quite nice. We will probably go with either that or the Miramare. The Pardiso looks pretty good but doesn't seem to be in an area where we could walk to things and that's important for my group(four of us are going). <BR>Dona, Santa Lucia was my first choice, but their rates were just a bit higher than we want to spend. <BR>Thanks again for the info!

Old May 6th, 2001, 08:08 AM
Dona

Steve - <BR> <BR>I don't know where the Parteno or Paradiso are - but the Miramare is a great location on the water and Naples is small enough that you can walk everywhere. <BR> <BR>Have a great trip! <BR> <BR>Dona

Old May 7th, 2001, 10:05 AM
Sarabeth

We were in Naples in March and stayed at the Santa Lucia..loved it. We did, however, check out the Miramare for one night before going home..they were booked but it looked very lovely..smaller than the Santa Lucia, around the corner so the location is basically the same. I would not hesitate in staying at the Miramare. Naples is a wonderful time...be sure and eat at Mimi's. We walked all around the city and never felt unsafe..never. It was wonderful. If you have time take a ferry over to Capri.

Old May 7th, 2001, 02:32 PM
steve

Thanks for the help. We have booked the Miramare for our stay in Naples. <BR>Sarabeth, we're actually going to spend 2 nights on Capri after Naples and we're looking forward to that as well. <BR>We don't go until October so any other restaurant/must see advise is most welcome!

Old May 7th, 2001, 03:27 PM
Lesli

I, too, am planning a trip to Napoli. Thinking about moderate/inexpensive hotels more in the historic center - The Pinto Storey or Albergo/Soggiorno Sansevero. Anyone have any experience with these?

Old May 13th, 2001, 12:52 PM
Kara

Arrived hom from Naples a couple of days ago. Stayed at Parker's ($240/night) and it was wonderful. Classy, and in a good neighborhood. Rooftop views of the bay and Vesuvius are "picture postcard". <BR> <BR>In Capri, a great restaurant is Da Gemma. After you arrive up in Capri town (funicular, bus, or by foot - from dock area), go up the stairs off the main piazza and bear right, and it's on the right. Friendly waiters, great food, killer views.

Old May 14th, 2001, 08:22 AM
Rick

Kara, <BR> <BR>I'm going to be staying at Parker's, so I wanted to ask you if it's close (within walking distance)to the subway station that links to the Archeological Museum. Also, is it close to the funicular?