Reload this Page >

Naples enroute to Umbria

Search

Naples enroute to Umbria

Search this Thread

Old Jul 10th, 1999, 08:47 PM
Stella Shiff

Naples enroute to Umbria

The distance from Naples to Umbria is 350km and we would like to travel not more than 200km per day. We are looking for an interesting place to stay for one night. Any suggestions? <BR> <BR>Would also like some suggestions on where to make a base in Umbria for a 2-3 day stay, have looked at some of the Historical Hotels they look interesting, thought it might be better to make a base and take day trips. Any information would be appreciated. We will be travelling in Mid Sepember. <BR>

Old Jul 10th, 1999, 09:44 PM
steve

<BR> i will be in perugia, in the umbria region on july 16- 20. i will be driving from milan. i will be staying in perugia but will visit the old cities around the region. after this iwill be going to spain..barcelona and san sebastian. so when i return i'll give ya some info. on the umbria region in italy....

Old Jul 11th, 1999, 10:27 AM
BOB THE NAVIGATOR

Hello Stella[ in starlight], <BR>The obvious answer is Orvieto, but go <BR>one more hour and you can be at the heart of Umbria---an ideal location for <BR>day trips. I have reference to the Orto <BR>degli Angeli property in Bevegna--hard to beat. You will like Umbria.

Old Jul 11th, 1999, 01:58 PM
Terry

We thoroughly enjoyed the Palazzo Bocci in the center of Spello, a lovely hilltop town. I would request a room in the rear because there is a church across the small square with a loud bell on the hour. The owners also run a wonderful restaurant across the street.

Old Jul 13th, 1999, 12:57 AM
Stella

Hi Bob <BR>Thanks for your reply, but it is a bit ambiguios. Whatis the name of the place that is one hour from Orvieto? <BR>I have tried searching for Bevegna but can't bring it up, what site do you suggest? <BR>Do Orto degli Angeli have a site, if so can you please give me the address. <BR>Thanks for all your tips.

Old Jul 14th, 1999, 08:45 PM
Pira

It's Bevagna, I think. Somewhere west of Foligno.

Old Jul 15th, 1999, 07:52 AM
BOB THE NAVIGATOR

Stella, I am sorry, I assumed you had <BR>found the "historic residences" on my <BR>favorite site www.initaly.com. Go there <BR>and under" ACCOMODATIONS" find the place <BR>I mentioned under the above reference. <BR>You can book with them online, and there <BR>are several other options to consider. <BR>Good luck !

Old Jul 16th, 1999, 04:46 PM
topper

!