Naples culture card

Search

Naples culture card

Search this Thread

Old Apr 13th, 2024, 03:27 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Naples culture card

Soon, my wife and I will be spending three days/nights in Naples. In other travels, we've found that purchasing an art/museum/culture card has been of value, either for discounts for entry or by-passing ticket lines for museums and other sights. We've taken note of two options for Naples. One is Artecard Napoli, which offers free admission to two museum sights, and "discounts" to others, and another appears to be City Card, which promotes free admission to 3 museum sights with discounts. Would anyone have comments about the relative value of one or the other? We love to spend time visiting these sights, and would likely plan to take in five or so ticketed cultural sights in addition to walking around in Naples for the three days. Thanks for any and all insight. John & Marsha
Old Apr 13th, 2024, 04:41 AM

In May 2022 we got the Arte Card, which gave us free transport on the Circumvesuviana to Pompeii and back, free entrance to the Naples Archeological museum and one other. We also used the metro a few times, though we mostly walked everywhere. I don’t remember the details, but the Arte card is what made sense to us, not the City Card.

If you plan on visiting Pompeii you should probably get the Arte card. You might want to calculate how much you’ll spend on the sites you want to see and compare the cost of the cards, then take a call.
Old Apr 13th, 2024, 07:31 AM
Original Poster

Thank you, geetika! this is helpful. for this trip -- considering we spent time at Pompeii just a few years ago, we plan to take the 3 days entirely in Naples. We did an initial comparison of costs, and feel that 3-day ArteCard will work. We wondered about people's experience with ArteCard QR code system. Is getting the code to render at the entry of sights an issue? Should we bring print-outs of the QR code? Thank you!
Old Apr 13th, 2024, 12:32 PM

We had the Artecard on our phones and were able to scan the QR code without any issues.

BTW, highly recommend visiting the Sansevero chapel to see the Christo Velato or Veiled Christ. I hadn’t even heard about it until I started researching Naples, the statue is so beautiful it brought tears to my eyes, truly not to be missed. This is a small private chapel, with timed entry, you need to book ahead. They do issue tickets every morning, but there’s a long line and you can’t choose the time slot.

Last edited by geetika; Apr 13th, 2024 at 12:41 PM.
Old Apr 14th, 2024, 05:38 AM
Original Poster

Hello again, and thank you again @geetika ... We looked at the Sansevero timed-visits schedule and see that the site is fully-booked for the days we will be there. Would anyone know whether the Viator offering of self-guided audio tour bookings for the site (based on "available" time slots) actually secure one of the Sansevero timed visits? We don't see clearly from the Viator site whether their offering is simply an audio link for the site, vs a "skip-the-line" and enter offering. We do understand that the Viator audio link does not include the cost of the museum entry. The question is, if we buy the Viator selt-guided tour ticket for the time we want to go, does that entitle us also to buy tickets to enter at that time? Sorry for the confusing question. We just don't want to pay for a self-guided tour if the ticket doesn't also come with a reservation to buy a ticket for the museum as well. Thank you.
Old Apr 14th, 2024, 07:05 AM

I have no idea about the Viator tour, but I would imagine it included the entrance too. Online time slots were sold out for our dates too, but we went there by 9am and stood in line for about an hour. Got tickets for 11am, so we grabbed a coffee nearby before going in.

The chapel is quite small and you don’t really need an audio guide, you can pull up all the information on your phone.
Old Apr 15th, 2024, 04:03 AM
Original Poster

thank you. We're going to do what you recommend, and show up early for the line for Sansevero. Many thanks.