Reload this Page >

Naples airport to Pompeii.

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 6th, 2002, 06:58 PM
Joyce

Can anyone please tell me what's the best way to get there other than taking a taxi?<BR>I read somewhere that pompeii scavi is open in december, can anyone confirm that?<BR><BR>I plan to spend the new year in capri. I welcome any ideas. <BR>Thank you all.

Old Aug 7th, 2002, 02:44 AM
Vincenzo

Joyce,<BR>it's easy to go from Naples to Pompei by train.<BR>At the underground of main train station of Naples ( Napoli Centrale ) there is train station Circumvesuviana.<BR>More than 40 daily trains for Pompei. The travel time is less than thirty minutes.<BR>Obviously Pompei Scavi is open in December. I suggest to visit it in the morning.<BR>About Capri, do you plan to spend the whole new year or only the first days of the New Year?<BR>Suggestions could be quite different.<BR>Have a nice trip.<BR>

Old Aug 7th, 2002, 07:23 AM
Steve James

Joyce - there's also an infrequent bus service operated by Curreri from the airport to Pompei, continuing to Sorrento. Times are onBR>www.massalubrense.it/busvari.htm<BR><BR>As Vincenzo hasn't mentioned it perhaps it doesn't run in the winter, - but it might be worth checking.<BR><BR>Steve

Old Aug 7th, 2002, 08:20 AM
Joyce

thanks for the info-vincenzo and Steve-it's great!<BR>I plan to spend 12/30-1/2 in capri. I am still trying to find a little charming hotel to stay as most of them are close in winter. <BR>Is it true blue grotto is close in winter? It's not blue in winter? <BR>After capri i will spend few days in sorrento. I will spent almost a week in amalfi and ravello just to relax, or perhaps make a visit to Paestum.<BR>I know it may get cold during that time of the year, but i still very much look forward to it. <BR>any suggestion?<BR><BR>

Old Aug 7th, 2002, 09:45 PM
Vincenzo

In Capri, I'd suggest LA SCALINATELLA.<BR>Blue grotto is open or close to the private boats depending on weather.<BR>Good your ideas about Sorrento, Amalfi, Ravello and Paestum, also, as a daily trip from Amalfi.<BR>Have a nice trip.