Reload this Page >

nafplion to monemvassia

Search

nafplion to monemvassia

Search this Thread

Old May 9th, 2002, 03:48 PM
cinzia

nafplion to monemvassia

does anyone know how to get from nafplion to monemvassia. cannot find any info about busses that travel between the cities. has anyone driven?

Old May 9th, 2002, 03:56 PM
Gina

We drove from Napflion to Monemvasia three weeks ago. It was a fantastic trip

Old May 9th, 2002, 05:39 PM
Dee

You can take the Flying Dolphin.<BR>Take a bus to Tyros, which I think is close to an hour from Nafplion, and then grab the Flying Dolphin hydrofoil.<BR><BR>d.

Old May 9th, 2002, 06:22 PM
Vera

I'm almost certain you can get there by bus. I'm surprised that people on this board don't recommend the Greek National Tourist Organization for answers. They have offices in NY, LA and Chicago, but also a web site www.gnto.gr<BR>You can get heaps of information from them.<BR>If you are adventurous, wait until you get to Nafplion and check out the boats and buses and rental cars from there. Driving, by the way, is no problem in Greece. But get a good map as the southern Peloponnese side roads don't appear on all maps.<BR><BR>Vera

Old May 23rd, 2002, 12:46 AM
michael

if you decide to drive the most scenic route is:<BR>Nafplion - Astros - Leonidion - Kosmas - Geraki - Monemvasia.<BR>Get the Road editions 1:250,000 map locally.<BR>Don't try and drive the dirt road from Peleta - Kremasti - it is very bad. The only surfaced road round there is the one from Kounoupia to Mari to Ag Dimitrios but it is not as scenic as the route I suggest above.<BR>I have just spent 2 months researching for Sunflower guidebook to this region so my info is reliable!<BR>Good luck<BR>