N. Wales B&B

Jan 9th, 2008, 03:26 PM
Original Poster

N. Wales B&B

My husband & I plan to be in North Wales near Abergele the first of September to attend the International Sheep Dog Trial. Does anyone have any recommendations for good B&Bs or small hotels in the area? We plan on staying several nights to visit not only the dog trial but also explore north Wales.
Jan 9th, 2008, 04:10 PM

What is your budget - and have you considered renting a cottage instead?
Jan 10th, 2008, 12:44 PM
Original Poster

I don't really have a strict budget, but would say if possible we would like to stay under 75 pounds per night. I had not thought about renting a cottage mainly because we will only be spending the nights there and eating breakfast and the rest of the time we will be site seeing and thought renting a cottage would be more expensive. Do you know of any cottages in the area? Are they usually more or less than a B&B?
Jan 10th, 2008, 05:14 PM

Normally a rental cottage will cost less than a comparable quality B&B. But then you have to fix your own breakfasts. Here are few examples

in/near Conwy for about £50 per night give or take

http://www.castleviewcottage.com/?gc...FQYXiQod1DUcrw

http://www.cottageguide.co.uk/pen-y-geulan-bach/

this one has a cottage sleeping 2 that runs less than £40 per night during your time period. http://www.bryndowsicottages.co.uk/

These are just examples - there are many others both more and less expensive all over the area.
Jan 10th, 2008, 07:16 PM

I can personally recommend the Bryn B&B in Conwy - www.bryn.org.uk. The rooms are wonderful with views out to the castle and town walls, and the hostess (Allison) is warm and generous and serves a fabulous breakfast.
Jan 14th, 2008, 10:23 AM
Original Poster

Thanks Azzure. We have booked 8 nights at Byrn B&B and plan on using it as our home site to make day trips all over North Wales. Their website looked great and I have emailed & talked to Allison on the phone and she has been very helpful.
Jan 14th, 2008, 02:43 PM

I am so happy to hear that. I'm sure you will love Bryn. Wish we could have stayed for eight nights! We were just there for two, and the area deserves far more time.