Reload this Page >

My third post I am unable to find again

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 23rd, 2001, 11:51 PM
Karen

Ineed advice on these Hotels in Rome: <BR>Pantheon <BR>Pantheon with a view Want nice hotel close <BR>Raphael to everything <BR>Minerva <BR>Smelda <BR>Colonna Palace Mozart <BR>Cesari Hotel San Anselmo

Old Aug 24th, 2001, 03:50 AM
Rex

Karen, <BR> <BR>Your header sures sounds like an indictment of this forum that I just can't believe to be true. Are you saying that YOU have previously started a thread (or two such previous threads), asking about these hotels? <BR> <BR>I don't want to imply that I read every single post here, nor do I have a photographic memory superior to the (admittedly problematic) search engine - - but I cannot find (nor remember) ANY prior thread, STARTED by YOU (did you use the name MollyPoo1?) with questions/information about these hotels. <BR> <BR>Or are you saying that - - for the third time - - there is a thread that you FEEL like you remember (but have only read, not necessarily added to it), and you can no longer find it? There are numerous posts about several of these hotels, particularly, Cesari (thumbs up), Minerva (thumbs way up, but expensive), Raphael, Colonna Palace and others. <BR> <BR>Is it possible that you are searching for a thread that is a composite of various information, but exists - - as a SINGLE thread - - only in your mind? <BR> <BR>Best wishes, <BR> <BR>Rex <BR>

Old Aug 24th, 2001, 05:58 AM
Frank

Karen: Stayed at the Minerva last year and it was wonderful. Top notch throughout and great location, right next door to the Pantheon. Even if you do not stay there, have dinner or a drink at the roof top restaurant, best views of Rome. <BR> <BR>Enjoy.

Old Aug 24th, 2001, 06:12 AM
aakaren

I meant this was the third new post I started and both the other times when I went back to check on responses, the message was nowhere to be found. Again I'm asking for thoughts on these hotels in Rome. Pantheon, Pantheon with a view, <BR>Raphael , Minerve Smelda, Colonna Palace, Mozart San Anselmo, and Albergo del Sole al Pantheon. Ineed some specific likes or dislikes if possible. Thank you for all your time.

Old Aug 27th, 2001, 03:44 AM
kavey

aakaren <BR> <BR>Even if you come back daily, the high volume of posts on this forum means you often have to either search for the post using the Search facility (which doesnt always work) or work down through 50 after 50 until you find it. <BR> <BR>Sometimes when I have been away for a few days it has taken me hours to relocate a post. <BR> <BR>Although I have now learned from Sally that you can bookmark your post (favourites if you are using internet explorer) to return to it more easily. <BR>

Old Aug 27th, 2001, 04:44 AM
Ed

Karen, Kavey has provided exact and helpful infomation about how this forum operates. I hope you will find it useful. <BR> <BR>I've no personal experience with those hotels so can't help you with that. While the sort function IS sort of funky, it does work quite well at times. Putting in single word keys (name of hotel) is likely to produce some useful results. <BR> <BR>On behalf of the many constructive people that contriubute to this forum I apologize for the arrogant and abusive interrogation you were given in Friday's posting. I don't ever recall reading here a posting quite as mean-spirited. <BR> <BR>twenj

Old Aug 27th, 2001, 09:45 AM
Rex

Ed - - apparently it is my post that you consider mean-spirited. You will not be surprised that I disagree. I felt that the header requested help to find a thread (two previous threads, actually) - - and I concluded - - and still concluded that no such threads were ever started by Karen/MollyPoo1. <BR> <BR>Improving this forum - - asking for a better search engine, "hot links", better policing, fixing thaings that seem not to work when they should - - it all begins with accurate assessment - - diagnosis, if you will. <BR> <BR>I felt that Karen's header - - which was a complaint - - represented symptoms of a problem that didn't really exist. <BR> <BR>I take pleasure and pride in helping new visitors find the threads they can no longer find. The threads have to exist, or be desribed in such a way that someone actually could find them. <BR> <BR>I have provided plenty of favorable information about Cesari and Minerva many times before. <BR> <BR>This dialogue COULD be carried out through private e-mail, but I have respected your wishes not to do that. <BR>