My Greek Adventure

Search

My Greek Adventure

Search this Thread

Old May 5th, 2023, 08:05 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Greek Adventure

Start of my Greek Adventure- ThesslonikiWe have been here in Thessloniki for 4 days, I’m just getting around to starting a trip report. Getting here from California was - let’s just say an adventure. I was originally scheduled to fly from SNA-DFW-JFK on Sunday April 30 to meet up with my daughter. On Sat. 4/29 I started getting weather alerts from American Airlines about severe weather in New York. Ok so I quickly punted and changed my flight to the first flight out of LAX on Sunday morning. Good thing I did, about 1 hr after I landed the weather turned really bad, thunder lightning and streets flooded everywhere. A lot of flights were canceled.
My daughter and I had reserved seats together so I could help her w her baby, at the last minute Delta split us up. We had called ahead of time to plead our case, but they didn’t care. I was stuck three rows back in the middle of the plane. I couldn’t really help her. Luckily she was seated between two nice ladies who helped a lot. The good news was that the entire Greek Presidential Guard was on our plane!, they are the troops that march in Syntagma Square.