Reload this Page >

My Germany Photographs!

Search

My Germany Photographs!

Search this Thread

Old Jun 28th, 2000, 05:14 AM
Monica

My Germany Photographs!

Hello fellow Fodorites! I have posted some photos from my Germany trip. I plan to add a few more next week after I get my last roll developed. http://sites.netscape.net/monicapileggi/travel. Click on "Germany" under the photograph listing. I have also added my information on the hotels we stayed in (See Hotels Part 2). I hope to add my journal in another week. Enjoy! <BR>

Old Jun 28th, 2000, 05:29 AM
ilisa

Fabulous photos, Monica! I can't wait to show them to my husband who has been pining to go back to Germany!

Old Jun 28th, 2000, 05:50 AM
Tammy

Monica, great photos! Can't wait to read your journal. Tammy

Old Jun 28th, 2000, 10:01 AM
Teri

Hi Monica! <BR> <BR> <BR>Welcome back, I was just out here looking to see if you posted anything from your trip. I will go to your web site and check it out.

Old Jun 28th, 2000, 01:15 PM
Judy

Hi Monica! I loved your photos from your trip, especially the one of Heidelberg!! Let us know when you have added your journal.

Old Jun 28th, 2000, 01:35 PM
kk

Fabulous photos, Monica! thanks for getting them posted to quickly. It's especially fun to see the places I have been too, of course, but also to see the view from your window in Assmanshausen, at the hotel which I think you said Wes Fowler suggested. Fodorites of the world, Unite! <BR>I too am looking forward to your travel journal, many thanks, kk

Old Jun 28th, 2000, 02:31 PM
Monica

Hi kk! <BR> <BR>Yes, the Hotel Cafe Post was Wes Fowler's suggestion and we were very pleased. It was a corner room and quite big. It also had a sitting area, which is where I took that photo from. Great view!

Old Jun 28th, 2000, 02:38 PM
Jeff

Hi Monica, <BR> I loved your pictures! I just got back from Germany myself. Your website is well organized and very informative. I plan on visiting Italy, Southern France, Spain, and Greece for my next vacation. Any great ideas would be appreciated! <BR> Glad you had a great trip! I did too!

Old Jun 28th, 2000, 03:20 PM
kathy

Wow, Monica! What great photos and wonderful hotel descriptions. You did good! I'm really waiting for the installment - the journal - next week. We returned to Paris this May, and thought about you and your Mom during our meal at Le Auberge one evening. We needed a dose of English that night, but couldn't say, "Monica, get a bigger table" this year! Hope you both are well, and you are relaxed before (if I remember a previous post) you head to New Mexico soon. That's great country and plenty to see and do and learn out there. We liked tht area when we visited several years ago. Read ya' next week. Thanks for sharing. Kathy

Old Jun 29th, 2000, 04:04 AM
Monica

Hello Jeff, Thanks for the compliments! I have on my web page my travel journal for Italy. That may help you in planning your trip. I loved Rome and Venice! Naples was interesting and because we were with relatives, we enjoyed a couple of great restaurants that I believe most tourists don’t get to. I have not been to Southern France and want to someday! Spain is wonderful! Visit Barcelona, Madrid (great city and also perfect location to do day trips to Toledo, Segovia, Valley of the Fallen and San Lorenzo El Escorial, Avila); also Seville, one of my favorite cities. From there I’ve done day trips to Jerez and Arcos de la Frontera; Granada is interesting with the Alhambra; and Rhona, with its wonderful small town. Greece and Turkey may be our next trip (2001) and I’ve only been to Athens and the surrounding area, did a 1 day, three island cruise, and a bus trip to Delphi, which was very interesting! I’ve only been to Istanbul, another favorite city. Where did you go in Germany? Isn’t Germany wonderful!!! <BR> <BR>Hi Kathy, Nice to hear from you! So, how was Paris? I may go by myself in late October or sometime in November. Tony’s not thrilled and he would prefer if I went with someone. We’ll see. I do want to see Paris again and Paris is one city that I think any woman could travel alone to and feel comfortable. I’ll never forget you and your statement to me at the restaurant last year. Small world! No, I decided not to go to NM. I would have been away too long. Take care! <BR>

Old Jun 29th, 2000, 06:31 AM
Sheila

Monica, your website is great. I enjoyed the pictures and journals. Will you be adding a journal for Spain? I am planning a trip for next year. Also was wondering what type of camera and speed of film you used to get such great photos. Thanks

Old Jun 29th, 2000, 08:39 AM
Monica

Hi Sheila, <BR> <BR>Thanks for viewing my photos. I have a Canon AE-1 (100 ASA) and also took a point and shoot: Olympus Stylus Epic (fixed lens – 400 ASA) for the evenings and indoor photography. It was nice to have the Olympus in the evenings when I got tired of carrying the Canon all day long. Although, I wish I had bought an Olympus with a zoom, but I was still happy with the results. <BR> <BR>I hadn’t planned on adding my Spain journals. I will be happy to give you a report of my trips to Spain. Maybe that will help me to add something to the web site. Spain is a wonderful place to visit and not expensive compared to France or Germany (although we got a great exchange rate while in Germany). <BR>

Old Jun 29th, 2000, 10:32 AM
Sheila

To Monica: The olympus stylus 140 is the one that I am considering. I was just in a thread yesterday discussing this camera. I have a canon which is very bulky to carry around and I am considering the olympus 140 zoom to take to Spain. I would appreciate your notes from Spain and if you would like, you could just email them to me at my address. Thanks again.

Old Jun 29th, 2000, 01:48 PM
Monica

Hello Sheila, <BR> <BR>I'll get you some of my notes, but please keep in mind it may be a few weeks as I'm still working on my Germany notes. Email me directly in a couple of weeks to remind me.

Old Jun 29th, 2000, 02:58 PM
Art

Hi Monica, just returned from your web site. Great pictures. I know exactly where you took the picture of Neuschwanstein from. The foot bridge over the george. I have the same exact picture from years ago. <BR>I also enjoyed your Spanish pics as I'm going there in 2 months. <BR>Keep it up. I've made your site one of my favorites. <BR>

Old Jun 30th, 2000, 03:34 AM
Monica

<BR>Thanks Art! Yes, I did take the Newschwanstein photo from the footbridge. A lot of people didn’t like being on the bridge! I had expected to see the Castle as everyone does in the postcards, but was happy to have that photograph. Enjoy Spain and let me know how you liked it and where you went. Enjoy! <BR>

Old Jun 30th, 2000, 06:07 AM
Gina

Fabulous pictures, Monica! So when's the next DC-area Fodorites get-together so we can see your whole album in glorious detail? (And be exceedingly jealous!)

Old Jun 30th, 2000, 06:32 AM
Monica

Hi Gina! I emailed all of the area fodorites for the next luncheon. Hope you can make it! How’s your project coming along? Didn't you go to Europe recently?