Reload this Page >

Must sees in Amsterdam?

Search

Must sees in Amsterdam?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 29th, 1998, 10:08 AM
Rich

Must sees in Amsterdam?

I will be in Amsterdam May 7-10. Any suggestions on restaurants or must see sights. I am planning to see Anne Frank House as well as the Canals and the Museums dedicated to Rembrandt and Van Gogh. Any other suggestions? Thank you in advance.

Old Apr 30th, 1998, 04:30 PM
ellen

Be sure to take a canal cruise at night to see the canals illuminated.
In addition, there is a small house museum named the Willet-Holtusen? house (I know its not spelled right) which is quite nice. Skip the diamond factory stuff, its not interesting. If you have time for a short daytrip, go to either Zanse Sanchs or Alkmaar if it is a Friday (both are very easy by train)

Old May 1st, 1998, 04:54 AM
Lee

Rich: Plan to visit Keukenhof Gardens. You will be in Holland at THE time of the year and whether you fancy flowers or not, take the trip to Lisse and to the gardens as you won't be disappointed. Check the responses that I received for a previous post entitled: "Tulips in bloom?". My wife and I were trying to get a flight and hotel for the second week of May, but it didn't work out so we're going next year. Have a good trip!

Old May 3rd, 1998, 04:05 PM
Dave

Red light district at night is worth a look-see. Best to go with someone.

Old May 3rd, 1998, 10:10 PM
Laurie

Rich, Ditto on the Anne Frank House, the Kuekenhoff Gardens. You are very lucky to be there at this time of year. Alkmaar is a quick train trip away, and a quaint town.
I also want to recommend seeing the Homomonument. Pretty incredible. Best luck!