Reload this Page >

Museum Passes Paris / Transport from Airport

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 14th, 2001, 01:59 AM
Lu B.

Can we buy the passes at CDG airport? I know they sell them at some metros, but want to purchase as soon as we arrive. <BR> <BR>Experience with transport from airport to city? Taxi is our plan. Hired drivers a little too much money and I don't want to take the Air France bus as it goes to a central location and then we would still have to get a taxi/metro with our bags in hand, to our hotel. <BR> <BR>Any stay at the Le Regent in the 6eme? <BR> <BR>Leaving in a few days. Thanks!

Old Mar 14th, 2001, 02:10 AM
wendy

Cabs are around FF350 to the city center depending on traffic and only accept 4 passengers, good luck with more than 3 large bags! There are some shuttle services, but not everyone finds them timely or convenient.The RER B line is around FF50 pp to the city center. But you would still have to hoof it or take a cab once you arrive. <BR> <BR>Doesn't the Regent have a shuttle service to/from CDG? <BR> <BR>I haven't seen any Carte Musees at the airport, but they are REALLY easy to purchase at the metro, even if you aren't planning to use the metro.

Old Mar 14th, 2001, 02:18 AM
elaine

I haven't stayed at le Regent but just down the street and the location is excellent, if that helps.I don't know if there is a place in CDG that sells the museum pass; my own information doesn't mention it and the intermusees website is down for a while. However, at the Odeon or St Michel metro stops 5 minutes from your hotel you should be able to buy them, and le Regent may even have them for sale at the front desk. <BR> <BR>I'm glad you're able to take a taxi which I recommend if your budget can handle it and your luggage is anything more than a carry-on. Alternatively, many people on this forum have recommended the Aiport Shuttle which will drop you at your hotel but will be making drop-offs of other passengers as well. <BR>The e-mail address is: <BR>[email protected] <BR>They have a desk at the airport, but encourage booking in <BR>advance so you don't have to wait. Toll-free # from US is 888-426-2705. <BR>Their web site: www.parisanglo.com/clients/ashuttle.htmlIn March 2000 it was 89FF per person for two or more. <BR> <BR> <BR>

Old Mar 14th, 2001, 03:15 AM
Bob

My wife & I used the following shuttle service. It was timely, inexpensive & great to use both going to the city and returning to the airport a week later. Highly recommend it. <BR> <BR>Airport Shuttle <BR>The Airport Shuttle Paris <BR>1-888-426-2705 (6AM-8PM – Paris time) <BR>http://paris-anglo.com/clients/ashuttle/index.html <BR>89FF per person (2 or more people) <BR>120FF (single person) <BR>(Can be booked prior to leaving U.S.) <BR> <BR>Hope this helps you. <BR> <BR>Bob

Old Mar 15th, 2001, 09:42 AM
Judith

Around mid-February, there were a couple of comments about the Hotel Le Regent in the 6e- all were very positive. In a nutshell, they said that the deluxe rooms are great (good sized rooms and very clean)- they face the streets as opposed to the standard rooms (much smaller, but just as nice and faces the courtyard). <BR> <BR>We were booked there for April- but have to switch from a deluxe room to standard room mid-way. <BR> <BR>Has anyone stayed at the Hotel Louis II?

Old Mar 15th, 2001, 11:19 AM
Fred

1) Buy passes in Paris - easy to do so. When you arrive at CDG you'll just want to get into Paris <BR>2) Be smart - take a taxi. Walk outside the terminal and get on line. Just be sure they're the ones with "Taxi Parisien" on the roof <BR>3)Here's what various people said about Le Regent: <BR>Loved it and I'm very picky <BR>Very friendly staff <BR>great location <BR>absolutely wonderful <BR>on a charming sidestreet. <BR>rooms are very clean and beautifully decorated <BR>amenities were excellent <BR>rooms are small but nicely decorated <BR>nicely appointed <BR>It was immaculate. <BR>desk staff not particularly friendly or helpful. <BR>enjoyed it very much. <BR>rooms were decorated nicely <BR>bathrooms were very nice, sparkling clean <BR>Nice staff <BR>plain and miniscule rooms <BR>E-mail me for more information. <BR>