Museum closing days & Cinema museum

Old Sep 3rd, 2002, 08:58 AM
Michael

Museum closing days & Cinema museum

Does anyone know of a website that lists (in a convenient format) the closing days of museums in Paris?<BR><BR>I understand that some are closed Monday and some are closed on Tuesday - I'm trying to find out which to plan my days since I will be arriving on a Monday evening.<BR><BR>Also, has the Henri Langlois cinema museum moved and re-opened yet?<BR><BR>Thanks.

Old Sep 3rd, 2002, 09:30 AM
Belinda

Michael, try the following site and go to the English 'index musems'.<BR>You'll all necessary info there.<BR><BR>http://www.paris.org/Musees/

Old Sep 3rd, 2002, 10:31 AM
clairobscur

The state museums are closed on tuesday and the city museums are closed on monday. It's not a very helpful information, but if you notice somewhere that a museum is a "national museum", you can assume it will be closed on tuesday.<BR><BR>Anyway, any good guide should list the open days/hours. It should be your reference source.

Old Sep 3rd, 2002, 11:21 AM
Michael

Thanks - the paris.org site worked pretty well for this info. Seems a bit tough to decifer what is a "National" museum and what is not, though.<BR><BR>Anyone know about the Henri Langlois cinema museum? The info on the web is very conflicting and I can't tell if it is closed, open, moving, moved, etc.<BR><BR>Thanks.

Old Sep 3rd, 2002, 11:37 AM
Belinda

Michael, I have a copy of the weekly Paris what's on (Pariscope) here. It's from June 2002, but that doesn't matter. It does not say anything about that museum. I remember there was the Cinemathque at the Palais Chaillot that often played outstanding small films. However, I must have overlooked the museum, when it was there. <BR>Anyway, it seems to have gone and Pariscope does not list any other museum about films. I also did a search with wanadoo, the largest search engine in the French www. Nada!<BR>Hm... dommage, really.

Old Sep 3rd, 2002, 05:27 PM
clairoobscur

Didn't notice your last question :<BR><BR>The "musee du cinema" is closed and should reopen in 2003 (but I've a limited confidence in planned reopening dates of museums) in Bercy.