Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Musee L'Orangerie - Closed or partially closed?

Notices

Old Jul 17th, 2000, 03:35 PM
Martha Z

We are vacationing in Paris mid-August and would love to see Les Nympheas at L'Orangerie again. I have read that the museum is closed for renovation, but I also thought I saw someplace that the lower level with the water lillies is open. Can a recent traveler clarify this for us?

Old Jul 17th, 2000, 04:09 PM
Lesli

As of mid-April, the entire building which houses the Orangerie was closed, and scheduled to remain so through at least late 2000. (I will be returning to Paris in October, so would be thrilled to hear if a portion of it has in fact been re-opened.) Either way, I highly recommend a visit to the Musee Marmottan Monet, 2, rue Louis Boilly in the 16th for lovers of Monet and Impressionist art in general.

Old Jul 17th, 2000, 06:15 PM
kristin

It was still completely closed in late June, even though it was listed in the Museum Pass literature AS IF it were open. Got my hopes up, only to be disappointed!

Old Jul 18th, 2000, 04:48 AM
Lori

CLOSED til 2002.

Old Jul 18th, 2000, 08:38 AM
Martha Z

Dear Travelers: Thanks to all who responded, although I wish the answers were different! I appreciate the quick response. I will make it a point to go to the Marmottan.

Old Jul 18th, 2000, 08:41 AM
Tanyia

I've checked all the web sites I can and there is no mention of the L'orangerie as being closed. It makes me sick, that I could have traveled there and not know it was closed. I'm so sorry for those of you that missed it.