Munich, Prague, Vienna

Old Jan 26th, 2001, 07:49 PM
Melissa

Munich, Prague, Vienna

I'll soon be off on a trip to Munich, Prague and Vienna, and I was wondering if there are any recommendations for lodging, sites, or other must-do/sees in those areas. Any cautions and/or warnings would be greatly appreciated as well, such as neighborhoods/districts to avoid, hazardous restaurants, etc. Thanks for your help!

Old Jan 26th, 2001, 08:22 PM
Patrick

I have my favorite hotels in all three, but what are your criteria? Some people care only for a "clean bed" and don't care about atmosphere or character or real comfort. Others want a lot of luxury. What are your desires and budget?

Old Jan 26th, 2001, 10:37 PM
Linda

For Vienna and Prague use nethotels.com. In Prague, be careful of pickpockets.

Old Jan 27th, 2001, 10:56 AM
Melissa

Patrick,

Atmosphere, character and location are important to me while luxury is not. Finding a really cheap place with a lot of character (assume the "clean bed" criterion is met across the board!) is what I go for...the only thing that I do require (and what some might consider luxury, I guess!)is a private bath. Are there some areas that we defintely should not stay in or even visit? Your suggestions and advice are greatly appreciated!

To Linda: Thanks for the information!

Old Jan 27th, 2001, 05:04 PM
Linda

Since you answered Patrick the way you did. For Vienna, I recommend Hotelpension Arenberg (inside the ring), just 24 rooms, homemade muesli, affiliated with Best Western but with the posh Vienna feel. It is close walk to most of the sites and has friendly staff. Arenberg has full bathroom (shower, toilet, tub), is 4-star, is on 2nd floor with elevator, great breakfast. For Prague, we stayed at Penzion Balbin, near the Muzeum Metro and Wenceslas Square. It is a 5-10 minute walk to just about anywhere you want to go, top floors of apartment building with elevator and locked door to street to safe, shower & toilet in room, buffet breakfast.