Reload this Page >

Munich or Innsbruck?

Search

Munich or Innsbruck?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 27th, 2002, 07:03 PM
Jim

Munich or Innsbruck?

Would you select Munich or Innsbruck for a 3-day (2 nights) stay. We'll also be spending about 3 weeks in other parts of Austria and in Switzerland, but can't decide which of these two places to include within the time we have available. Your thoughts in this regard would sure be helpful. <BR> thanks, jim

Old Jan 27th, 2002, 07:59 PM
Greg

I strongly recommend Munich over Innsbruck unless you're planning to ski. Munich has a lot more to offer in terms of sights, culture & history. Suggestion: visit the Alte Piknothek, Residenz, Assam kirche, beerhalls, bike city tour. Day touring to the Bavarian castles.

Old Jan 27th, 2002, 09:34 PM
Linda

Munich is a great city with good day trips. It is larger and has more to offer than Innsbruck.

Old Jan 28th, 2002, 05:48 AM
Shain

Hi Jim,<BR>please choose Munich. If you are interested in Innsbruck, you still can take a train (3 hrs) or a rental car (2-2,5 hrs). But with munich you have much more opportunities to do at night or at day, also most castles, lakes or museums<BR>will be faound in the city of munich or a radius of up to 90kms.<BR>Even if you think of skiing - you are only 90kms from the top of all german mountains away - the Zugspitze 2983m,<BR>all the public and the touristic infrastructure is nearly perfect to do your things out of munich.<BR>More questions - email me<BR>Shain/Germany/D&uuml;sseldorf<BR>P.S.: I have lived between munich and Garmish-Partenkirchen three years.<BR>

Old Jan 28th, 2002, 06:23 AM
ellen

I totally agree with the above posters. I was not that impressed with Innsbruck.

Old Jan 28th, 2002, 06:32 AM
Manny

I agree with all the above postings. Munich has so much more to offer than Innsbruck.

Old Jan 28th, 2002, 06:58 AM
Jim

Thank you very much to Greg, Linda, Shain, Ellen and Nanny. You all have the same opinion, so the decision is made - Munich it is.<BR><BR>Thanks again, Jim