Search

munich hotels

Search this Thread

Old Feb 24th, 2002, 12:44 PM
cici

munich hotels

We will be traveling to Munich and staying a few days in mid June. Would like to stay in a quiet hotel near centrally located, in the three or four star range. Any suggestions. Thanks. We will then be traveling by train to Venice. Any suggestions about travel arrangements by train and time it takes.

Old Feb 24th, 2002, 04:22 PM
xxx

Trying to get this to the top, so try Hotel Torbreau. I think if you go to munich-de, you will find many options. <BR><BR>xxx

Old Feb 24th, 2002, 05:19 PM
Greg

Last December,I stopped by the Hotel Torbrau because it looked like a decent hotel in the oldtown. I was shocked by the prices they charge for their room quality. I've been to Munich four times within the last 3 years and always ended up at the CITY HILTON (not the high rise Hilton)because it has its own access into the S bahn station below the hotel. You can take the S bahn from the munich airport directly into the hotel in 35 minutes. The room is quiet & a bargain(BOUNCEBACK RATE), the breakfast buffet is lavish. It is located in the Haidhausen area where the French quartier is in case you get tired of german food.

Old Feb 24th, 2002, 05:20 PM
Wilma

Europaeischer Hof, right across the street from the train station. Double pane windows, very quiet.

Old Feb 25th, 2002, 06:27 AM
Manny

Web site for Hotel Europaeischer Hof is <BR> www.heh.de<BR>Ask for special prices for weekend days of Friday, Saturday and Sunday. If you are not going when there is a special event in Munich you will probably get the special price if you are staying on these days. It doesn't hurt to ask.<BR>Manny

Old Feb 27th, 2002, 06:48 PM
Sue

A third for the Europaischer Hof--across from train station, rooms in all price ranges, easy to book (email).