Search

Munich Hotels

Search this Thread

Old Mar 23rd, 1997, 02:02 PM
Donna Sucilsky

Munich Hotels

Does anyone have a recommendation for a hotel in Munich, Germany. We will be staying for 2 nights before proceeding to Austria, and then 1 night on the return.
Thanks for any suggestions.

Old Apr 22nd, 1997, 11:13 AM
RAY F.

IF YOU ARE LOOKING FOR REASONABLE HOTELS IN
MUNICH I CAN SUGGEST TWO OF THEM AROUND THE CORNER
FROM THE CENTRAL STATION. COME OUT OF THE CENTRAL
ENTRANCE TO THE STATION, TURN RIGHT AND CROSS OVER,
TURN LEFT TO THE CORNER (Schillerstrasse) .The
hotels are just there on your right. one is the
Hotel Haberstock (phone 55-78-55) and the other is
the Hotel Helvetia(55-47-45). In 1989 therates were
45DM inclusive and breakfast. The Helvetia
charged,in 1989, 42 DM per person for double
inclusive and breakfast. About a block further down
the street is the Hotel Daheim(59-39-24) asks 64Dm
for single, 90 DM double inclusive and breakfast.

Old Apr 24th, 1997, 09:57 AM
B. Irving

We were in Munich in May of 1992, & we stayed at the Haberstock for 6 nights. We made reservations there, site unseen, because of the convenienc --
close to the train station & a short walk to the Marien platz area. I would stay there again. The room we had was large & clean, We also had a good
size bathroom -- with bath tub, no shower. The also have shared bathrooms for less expensive rooms. The breakfast, served in their dining room, was
excellent, served by cheery matrons. The hotel staff was very helpful in everything, including getting us booked on tours to King Ludwigs castles.
We never felt unsafe in the area of the hotel. The only slight problem we had was that our bathroom wall was common to the shared bathroom wall &
it got a little noisy, but we just shut the door & that took care of that. Our room had no TV - we wouldn't have used it anyway, & it did have a
refrigerator which was very nice to keep the bottles of water & beer cold after the long, hot days of touring. At that time I think we paid about
$90 American, for that room, but they also have less expensive rooms. I don't think you would go wrong with the Haberstock.

Old Apr 28th, 1997, 01:04 AM
Teddy Grace

Hotel Adria in Lehel district DM185 per night for room and full breakfast .(when we were there in October '96) Quiet location close to the old City
recommended in Fodors '96 Germany guide
fax089/227-015
Enjoy !!!

Old May 10th, 1997, 08:10 PM
april

I hope you get this message before you leave for your trip. My husband and I stayed at a hotel in Munich in July 1994 called Hotel Admiral. As a matter of fact, the hotel was listed in Fodor's. It was quite nice, and centrally located to most major attractions. We parked our car and did not use it at all while we were in Munich. I have never gone wrong when staying in places that Fodor's has recommended. I hope you enjoy Munich as much as we did. We found it to be very safe and an easy city to get around in. Enjoy your trip!

Old May 11th, 1997, 05:02 PM
Fiona

Is it safe to arrive in Munich in late june without any
reservations? or should i book at least the first night?