Munich Hotel recommendations

Aug 14th, 2001, 10:29 AM
John

Munich Hotel recommendations

Excited about spending 2 days in Munich at the end of August. Any ideas on nice places to stay near Marienplatz or other good areas? Price range around $100-$150.

Aug 14th, 2001, 11:21 AM
richardab

Hello John!

I was in Munich in April and stayed at the Advokat Hotel. It was a great hotel with lots of style located in a good part of the city near the Deutschesmuseum. The rates are great and within your budget. I am not sure but I don't think they have air conditioning, many hotels in Munich don't. I walked everywhere from the hotel. The websight address is;

http://www.hotel-advokat.de

There is another hotel I saw called the 'An Der Opera' which claims to have the best location in Munich.

Check out my websight for some other stuff about Munich--

http://home.earthlink.net/~richardab/

If you have any other questions about hotels or neighborhoods, drop me Email!

Aug 14th, 2001, 11:37 AM
John

Thank Richard. I checked out the Advokat Hotels website- Looks interesting.

Aug 14th, 2001, 11:38 AM
Monica

Hi John,

Here’s what I wrote about the hotel we stayed in while in Munich June 2000:

HOTEL BLAUER BOCK, Sebastianplatz 9, 80331 München. Tel: 49 (89) 231780, Fax: 089 23178-200. 160DM w/breakfast. No credit cards accepted. We actually ended up paying 170DM per night for a room facing a backcourt area. The front faced a street where construction was going on during the day. Our room, #67, the smallest of all we have stayed in while in Germany, was fine for us. The room had the same amenities as the other hotels: bathroom with shower (and curtain), bed, a small table and 2 chairs, tv, and closet with plenty of space and hangers. We were glad to bring a couple of small soaps because this hotel provides one per every other day and they were small. This hotel is in a good location. It is in the Sebastianplatz, which is a 2-minute walk to the Viktualianmarkt (one of my favorite markets!). It is a 5-minute walk to the Mairenplatz, U/S Bahn and other sights are nearby. In the Sebastianplatz, there are a few restaurants/cafes. One great restaurant is Kyris, a Greek place; and attached to the hotel is a Philippine restaurant, Manila, where breakfast is served. Breakfast includes plain yogurt, breads, meats, cheese, coffee, tea, and orange juice, milk, fresh fruit, cereal, and soft-boiled eggs. Good hotel choice!

For other information on our trip (journal, photos, restaurants, etc,) please see my travel page at http://www.luvtotravel.homestead.com/home.html

Aug 14th, 2001, 12:58 PM
Manny

Hi John,

I have stayed at the Hotel Europaischer Hof on past trips and am staying there in September when I am going for the Octoberfest. It's web site is www.heh.de
Another hotel web site to check out is Hotel Jedermann. www.hotel-jedermann.de
A web site which list many hotels in munich is www.munich-tourist.de
Don't forget to check out Fodors and Frommers. Web sites are www.fodors.com and www.frommers.com
Good luck.