Munich Airport

Old Oct 6th, 2000, 10:42 AM
Sylvia

Munich Airport

Has anyone spent the night at the airport? Are there any people around, restaurants open. Have 7 a.m. flight, not sure if I want to get hotel room, probably can't sleep anyway.

Old Oct 6th, 2000, 01:33 PM
Chris

We stayed at the Movenpick at the Munich airport. There is really nothing around the airport. The hotel has a restaurant, bar etc. It was very reasonable for an airport hotel. I think it was about $100. Your are a 2 minute drive or shuttle ride from the airport.

Old Oct 6th, 2000, 02:29 PM
Geoff

The Munich airport quite a few miles out in the country. At 7AM you should be waking up and getting active so head for the city. Even if it's 2AM back home, you avoid jetlag by going with what the local time appears to be.

Old Oct 6th, 2000, 05:19 PM
Sylvia

Thanks to Chris and Geoff for response. I'll check into Movenpick. Maybe I was not clear in my message, Geoff, but I am leaving on a 7 a.m. flight back to USA via Amsterdam and was wondering if it was o.k. to hang out at airport overnight. Your idea was good if it would have been an incoming flight I always abide by that and make a full day out of it till about 6 - 8 p.m. European time.

Old Oct 6th, 2000, 06:35 PM
deborah

I think your question was about SLEEPING in the airport. I did just that in July--because vof a 7:00 flight, It was very comfortable. Many of the chairs are banked in a row, without armrests, so we could stretch out and sleep. The lights were low--but not out--until about 4:00 a.m. when some flights were processing tourists. The bathrooms were just a few steps away, and the restaurant opened a little after 5:00 so we had a chance to get some scrambled eggs before our flight. There is a web site listing airports and the best places to sleep in them. I'll check for it if you are interested. Let me know (post again or e-mail me).

Deborah

Old Oct 15th, 2000, 07:49 AM
ALlison

We flew in and out of Munich for our Austria trip. Coming home, we had a very early flight. We stayed at THE Kempinski, which is RIGHT at the airport. You just roll your bags to the gate..it's very nice hotel. This year, the price in January is 299DM, weekend rate, with breakfast included. Without breakfast, it's a higher rate on a Friday than a Saturday...Very, very convenient!

Old Oct 27th, 2000, 02:01 PM
Geri

We like Hotel Post in the village of Eitting (near Erding) and near the Munich Airport for our last night.
www.post.erding.com
We once had an 8AM flight and it worked out fine. This is a cute Gasthaus and very reasonably priced.