multi-sport tours in italy

Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 10th, 2005, 07:14 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My friend and I would like to take a self-guided, multi-sport tour in Italy this spring. I am wondering if anyone has recommendations on tour companies. After doing a semi thorough web search, I have found one outfit (Club Toscana) with what sounds like my dream trip - cycling, walking and a cooking class. It is in Puglia, however, which I know absolutely nothing about (my mother says it's dry and not so lush). Any feedback on either of these topics would be greatly appreciated. thanks
Old Nov 10th, 2005, 07:24 PM

Sorry.. I'm confused. Do you, as you say, want to do a self-guided tour, or do you want an organized tour like the one in Puglia?

I have information on various sports in Tuscany, and cooking courses, including a great one day course, but not a tour-company with multiple sport options.

I think they have mountain bikes at Santa Maria degli Ancellotti outside of Assisi. A fabulous place.

You could easily hike in Tuscany, or bike with or without a company.
Old Nov 10th, 2005, 08:40 PM

Hi Itstyle:

GorpTravel has listings for active vacation packages, many of them are self-guided. Copy and paste this link for some possible options:

http://gorptravel.away.com/xnet/sear...ination_id=210
Old Nov 12th, 2005, 10:33 PM
Original Poster

Hi tuscanlifeedit -
Sorry if that seemed confusing...many sport related tour companies have an option that they call a "self-guided" tour. The company plans the trip and gets your luggage from Inn to Inn, but one is left a little more to their own devices, and is not with a group. The tour to Puglia had such an option...
I have found several companies that do these "self-guided" tours in either biking or cycling, but am really wanting to find a good company that offers a trip of both biking and hiking in Italy. LT
Old Nov 16th, 2005, 10:28 AM
Original Poster

hey azure0237 -
thanks for the tip...it's a great website, and looks like a cool adventure travel company.
LT
Old Nov 16th, 2005, 03:11 PM

You're welcome Itstyle. I have not tried them myself but I heard good things about the company from a travel agent. Have fun planning your trip!