Reload this Page >

MPX to Milano Centrale

Search

MPX to Milano Centrale

Search this Thread

Old Oct 2nd, 2001, 07:07 PM
JLHood

MPX to Milano Centrale

I am flying into Milan on a saturday morning. In theory, I'm supposed to arrive at 8:00 a.m. I want to catch the train from Milano Centrale to Florence. What's the best way to get from MPX to the train station? Allowing for baggage claim and travel, how much time will it take to get from MPX to the train station? Am I too ambitous thinking I can cath the ES that leaves at 10:00 a.m.?

Old Oct 2nd, 2001, 07:20 PM
Bebe

I think you are being too ambitious. Three weeks ago we arrived in Milan. The plane touched down at 8:15 am. We were bused to the main terminal and through immigration by 9:00. We waited almost 1/2 an hour for our luggage to appear so now it's 9:30. We caught the Malpensa Shuttle just before it left for the train station. It left the airport at 9:40 and arrived at Milano Centrale at 10:35. You may luck out and get your luggage a little quicker than we did but you are not likely to make a 10:00 train. If your plane is not too late you should have no problem making the 11:00 ES. There are two bus shuttles to Milano Centrale - the Malpensa Shuttle and the Malpensa Express. They cost $4-5 one way and run about every twenty minutes. The Express is a little nicer and slightly more expensive but you may just want to grab whichever one is leaving the soonest. It takes 50-60 minutes.

Old Oct 2nd, 2001, 08:40 PM
Helen Donegan

Hi <BR>http://www.airwise.com/airports/euro.../MXPtran2.html <BR> <BR>This is a good site giving clear details about the different forms of transport and time to/from Malpensa. <BR> <BR>Maybe it will be of some help to you? Have a good trip.

Old Oct 2nd, 2001, 10:35 PM
JLHood

Thanks. I thought it would be tight trying to catch the 10o am ES. I'll wait on the 11:20 train.

Old Oct 6th, 2001, 10:28 AM
Maurice

We took the shuttle from Milan to Malpensa. It takes about 45-50 minutes outbound, so I assume about the same inbound. I guess the trick is to figure out where it picks you up; but like every other airport in the world, probably somewhere along the arrivals drive through, where the busses and taxis congregate. Good luck.

Old Oct 6th, 2001, 03:00 PM
Walter

I only did it once (Mar01) but I posted a trip report from MXP to Milano Centrale Train Station. "Bebe's" post below now explains to me why I was confused about the different bus prices (Shuttle & Express). I assume I took the cheaper Shuttle but it's no big deal, it was just 1 quick stop in Milan to drop-off passengers. I asked and followed my guidebook directions for the Express but I assume the ticket woman just sold me a ticket for the next arriving bus which just starting boarding as I walked outside. Also waited quite a while for the luggage to arrive! <BR>HTH Regards, Walter..... <BR>This was from Terminal 1 and very easy, from clearing Customs after baggage claim to the ticket booth to the bus stop are all just a "stone's throw" from each other. After you clear customs and enter into the terminal, the outside door exits are all marked. Inside between exit 5 & 6 is a ticket counter with a sign above it "Airport 2000". The bus stop is outside between exits 4 & 5. So after you buy your tickets go outside thru exit 5 and turn left and 20M ahead is bus stop No.4. My bus did make 1 stop before the train station but you'll know the station, you pass under an overpass (the train tracks) and turn right & stop alongside the (long) train station. I believe the ticket was only 8,000L which surprised me because in my planning notes I had ~13,000L and I started to worry that I bought the wrong ticket. It wasn't crowded when I took it in March but I have read one post of a crowded pushy mob all trying to board the bus. So have a Plan "B", peek outside if it's crowded go downstairs and take the Malpensa Express Train http://www.ferrovienord.it/webmxp/index.html to the Cardona Train Station and then a metro or taxi to the Centrale Train Station. <BR> <BR> <BR>

Old Apr 9th, 2002, 01:30 PM
Walter

ttt for KC