Reload this Page >

Mozart store in Salzburg

Search

Mozart store in Salzburg

Search this Thread

Old Sep 17th, 2001, 04:40 AM
Bert

Mozart store in Salzburg

Does anyone know if the Mozart store is still in business in Salzburg? It was in the middle of the main tourist street (Judengasse?). Kinda tacky, but for a big Mozart fan, it was pretty cool. I especially want to see if there's anyway to order stuff via Internet or by phone. Thanks.

Old Sep 17th, 2001, 06:48 AM
ellen

When I was there in May I visited Mozart's home, right in the middle of the old part of Salzburg (as opposed to the other museum just across the river). As I recall, there was a store attached to the museum. I'm not sure if this is what you are referring to.

Old Sep 17th, 2001, 07:12 AM
Bert

Actually the store I remember (in 1999) was across the alley from Wolfie's house. It was similiar to a Disney Store except loaded with Mozart T-shirts, mugs, CD's, books, etc. If you didn't notice it, it's probably gone. Damn!!!

Old Sep 17th, 2001, 01:15 PM
Doug

The store was called "Mozart Land". I was there in 1998. Sorry, I don't know if it's still there. I remember it because it was only a few steps from that great Bosna stand. My favorite Austrian food!

Old Sep 18th, 2001, 02:36 AM
Jochen

"Mozart-Land" doesn't exist any more. I guess they went bankrupt. Some of the remaining stuff can be bought from the shop at Stiegl's Brauwelt. <BR> <BR>Regards, Jochen