moving to oslo

Old Jan 4th, 2000, 08:38 PM
aileen

moving to oslo

Has anyone any idea of how to find an apartment in Oslo? or any tips on moving to Norway. I am moving there for 2 years.

Old Jan 5th, 2000, 12:48 AM
Kaja

Hi,

If you understand norwegian or have someone to translate for you, you should try to get the norwegian newspaper Aftenposten. You will find a lot of "appartments for rent" ads for the Oslo area.
You should also try "Gule Sider"(Yellow pages ) on the web: www.gulesider.no (These are in english and norwegian)
If you try "Gule sider" you should write rented accomodation in the business category field, nothing in the company name field and Eastern Norway in the Part of Country/County field. You will get a list of agencies with their phone numbers, and some of them have web pages and e-mail.
Hope this will help.
Kaja

Old Jan 7th, 2000, 01:58 PM
Kjell

There are several active organizations in Norway for Americans living in our country. I know, for example, that the American Women's Club in Oslo recently published several web-pages with valuable information for newcomers.
Regarding apartments, be prepared for a lot of looking around, and also note that the marked is cramped and the prices are therefore quite high.
If you would like more detailed information, please feel free to e-mail me direct! And welcome - I hope you'll enjoy my country!

Old Jan 13th, 2000, 06:51 AM
Kaja

Hi again,
I just heard about this small company here in Norway who helps foreigners who are new in Oslo with all kinds of stuff.
Their web page is; www.oslorelocation.no
Kaja

Old Jan 17th, 2000, 11:52 AM
aileen

Thanks for the information. I contacted them and I may use them even though they are very expensive because it is so difficult to navigate in a different language. Thanks. Aileen