Reload this Page >

Movies in Italy or France

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 20th, 2002, 08:48 AM
A

Hi! Since its summer and all and there is alot of free time on my hands, I was wondering if anyone can recommend any good movies that take place in either Italy or France. It would be great if anyone could offer some advice! Thanks A

Old Jun 20th, 2002, 09:27 AM
xx

Try "Only You", one of my favorites.

Old Jun 20th, 2002, 09:38 AM
Diane

The Bourne Identity....has some great European sites.

Old Jun 20th, 2002, 09:43 AM
Jean Valjean

Amelie is a great movie, located in Paris.

Old Jun 20th, 2002, 10:35 AM
A

Thanks for the great suggestions, my and my girlfriends are getting together and having an Italian themed dinner/party tonight, so after we are planning on watching a movie, little descriptions on the movies would be great also! We hope to have lots of fun with ya'll help! Thanks

Old Jun 20th, 2002, 10:41 AM
Book Chick

"French Kiss", "Roman Holiday", "Chocolat", "Room With A View".<BR><BR>"Only You" does feature some absolutely stunning views of the Amalfi Coast!<BR><BR>Happy Viewing,<BR>BC

Old Jun 20th, 2002, 01:11 PM
xxxx

topping

Old Jun 20th, 2002, 01:16 PM
Capo

Hi A. Two great John Frankenheimer political thrillers: "Year of the Gun", set in Rome; and "Ronin", set in Paris & Provence.

Old Jun 20th, 2002, 01:17 PM
lillie

Just re-released is the 1989 Best Foreign Film Academy Award winner from Italy, Cinema Paradiso. It played in NYC and LA this weekend and will be playing in more cities over the summer. This version is called the "director's cut" and adds about 50 minutes to the original. For those who have seen the original, most of what is added has to do with Toto, as a man, meeting his girlfriend from his youth, Elena, when he goes back to Sicily after being away for 30 years. <BR><BR>If you can't see the new version, rent the original and enjoy a terrific film.<BR><BR>

Old Jun 20th, 2002, 05:03 PM
NYGirl

Tea with Mussolini on video-Tuscany<BR>Chocolat-France<BR>Amelie-Paris<BR>Bourne Identity-Paris,Switzerland<BR>An Affair of Love-French<BR>La Buche-French<BR>The Dinner Game-French<BR>Il Postino-Italy

Old Jun 20th, 2002, 05:10 PM
Rex

If this is about videos, then count in Life is Beautiful and Much Ado about Nothing. As soon as I post this, I will undoubtedly think of six more.<BR><BR>Best wishes,<BR><BR>Rex<BR>

Old Jun 21st, 2002, 03:46 AM
ttt

topping<BR>

Old Jul 10th, 2002, 09:27 AM
topping

topping

Old Jul 10th, 2002, 09:49 AM
Sue

Tea with Moussolini(sp?) and Enchanted April, both in Italy. Also the Garden of the Finzi-Continis.

Old Jul 10th, 2002, 10:12 AM
Julie

Any Merchant/Ivory film!

Old Jul 10th, 2002, 10:24 AM
aj

Rented Deja vu last weekend. Great scenes of Paris and London. I enjoyed the movie so much I watched it twice. Great scenes of Montmartre. Great love story also.

Old Jul 10th, 2002, 11:07 AM
sandi

The '95 version of Othello, set in Venice. Truly heart-wrenching performances.

Old Jul 10th, 2002, 11:12 AM
Book Chick

"Much Ado About Nothing" with absolutely delicious venues in Tuscany!

Old Jul 10th, 2002, 02:17 PM
Sue

Italy - The Talented Mr. Ripley.

Old Jul 10th, 2002, 04:01 PM
Lucy

Stealing Beauty with Liv Tyler & Jeremy Irons is in Tuscany.<BR>Just as an aside, does anyone know exactly where the wedding scene in the recent star wars movie was done? I'm assuming that was around the Italain Lakes somewhere - it looked glorious.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -